Today's list might not seem like much, but I did a fair bit behind the scenes
EDIT: some bizarre bug happened with export causing the game to behave really unpredictably, it's beyond my control and is another shortcoming of MMF2. I've had to roll back to last night's version and recode all the points below - sans the new enemy type.
Features Added Today:
- Rewrote zombie AI, it's twice as efficient now. It was eating up a lot of CPU doing collision checks before so it's a bit better now. There are a lot of them though, and MMF is shit annoying.
- Added a pause functionality to the game, this was pretty trivial for once actually.
- Modified the sword, as pictured below the slashes now move away from you and persist for longer, it's quite powerful too. I beat a whole round without taking a hit.
- Fixed a weird bug where you could fuse a special weapon and a gun in a box and create some crazy hybrid.
- Changed the appearance of weapon mod crates slightly as pictured below.
- I also added a new enemy type, a bomb enemy that bounces around, settles then explodes leading to more bouncing.
Mod boxes are designed to be a bit of a gamble, as you can see below they put stats up or down. And can add or remove gun effects. It's a good way to fix a crappy gun or break a good one!