It has been a three weeks since the last update and there has been a tremendous amount of work accomplished! I intended to post an update last weekend for the progress made but opted to keep pushing forward with development and testing. As a result there are plenty of updates this week for Particle Shield, but most notably was the kickoff for closed testing!
Custom Levels - Designed by the Kickstarter community who supported Particle Shield
Credits - Credits for Particle Shield!
UPDATES (4 October 2015)
- Game Modifications
- Fixed broken User Interface (UI) elements on the Germanium level.
- Fixed distorted load screens that were not scaling properly with device resolution.
- Fixed a unique bug that was preventing level completion for mobile builds.
- Fixed a bug where the tutorial screens would take the player to the wrong level.
- Fixed an issue where the scroll bar would not function properly on UI menus.
- Fixed a critical bug which caused the game to crash when the player trapped enemies.
- Created the custom levels for Kickstarter backers (Antimony, Xenon, Tellurium).
- Finalized credits menu with special thanks to Kickstarter backers (reward)
- Added scroll menu to credits
- Capped player funding at $5,000.
- Increased Railgun damage by 20% for balancing.
- Reduced the difficulty for the first two levels based on player feedback.
- Mobile Development
- Finalized Apple Development terms
- Adjusted all UI text to be clear on high resolution mobile devices for the following:
- Main menu
- Modified background image for main menu to scale better across a variety of resolutions.
- Closed Beta Testing
- Started initial round of closed testing for players.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) generated and in place for testers.