Happy March! Today we bring you lots of small changes and several sizable features that have been added.
One of the larger features that is being worked on is the Adaptive Tactic Selection AI for the computer opponent. It allows the computer to smartly choose various tactics based on how they performed before and what the state of the world is in. This lets the computer learn from previous attacks and adjust accordingly. More information on Adaptive Tactic Selection can be found in the book: Game Programming Gems 8. But I will create a blog post dedicated to the topic in the future.
Buildings can now also be captured and converted into blob domiciles. Much prettier than standard human housing. This will be the goal of some levels: to transform a city into a city of goo.
And some great news! Two wonderful artists have been contributing assets to the game. They are Christo Oosthuizen and David Song. Many thanks to you both! Keep up the great work.
Finally, a little on the boring side, here is the change list of most of the features that have been worked on recently:
- create and integrate Adaptive Tactics Selection AI
- script several test Tactics
- create windows install script
- add automatic updater
- clean up the menus
- Attach shadow and FXAA controls to options menu
- improved level editor, adding support for mod projects
- chainable orders for units
- added ‘taking fire' reactions to civilians and blobs
- a whole bunch of bug fixes
That's all for now. For frequent updates on the game's progress follow us on Twitter @AotGB