Who works on Earthborn : Commander ?
Earthborn : Commander (EBC) is developped by 3 people working on their free time.
Our goal is to produce a demo, for seek funding to complete the game later.
If you want to join us, regardless of yours skills or if you want to learn how to make a game, any help is welcome;) If you want to support us, feel free to talk about us, your support is invaluable.
Making a demo
It takes a few thousand lines of code, hundreds of 3D objects and dozens of 2D pictures. Music is also very important in the game and also to support our long work sessions. Do not forget to communicate and especially, especially, remain passionate and devote all his time.
Making a game is not simple. But it is a great journey.
What happened on may
The project was started in May 2016, with the launch of 4 plateforms :
- Website (Earthborncommander.wordpress.com)
- IndieDB (Indiedb.com)
- Twitter account (Twitter.com)
- Youtube space for videos (Youtube.com)
We also identified and installing tools
- Unity3d (Unity3d.com) : Game engine
- Blender (Blender.org) : 3D objects
- Gimp (Gimp.org) : for textures and images.
- Jamendo (Jamendo.com) for music.
The player's movements was our first task. It's possible to run, walk, jump, crouch .
Now, we are working on :
- The developement of a first HUD with augmented reality effects.
- The interaction system with elements.
- The creation of the ship interior.
- The textures.
All these elements should be completed in the next month.
In two weeks, we were able to achieve these first artworks and these first 3d models :
Final result :
Other scene :
In game :
Remember : If you want to join us, regardless of yours skills or if you want to learn how to make a game, any help is welcome;) If you want to support us, feel free to talk about us, your support is invaluable.
Thanks and see you in June