This is update 3 for Deep Rest.
The game is coming to steam, thank you everyone!
Greenlight trailer and new gameplay trailer out now!
Free Demo of Chapter 1: The Awakening Out now!
CONTROLS - Press Escape to Close/Open Pause Menu
MOVE LEFT: A
MOVE RIGHT: D
DRAW SPIRIT ENERGY: DRAG MOUSE & HOLD LEFT MOUSE BUTTON
INTERACT WITH OBJECT'S: RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON ( INTERACTABLE OBJECT'S ARE INDICATED BY MOUSE CURSOR's ORB COLOR CHANGE )
Steam Greenlight: Steamcommunity.com
*27/09/2016*New story trailer out now!
Thank you all!
Deep Rest is a psychological horror game, inspired by games such as Limbo & The Cat Lady.
With a deep focus on storytelling both direct, indirect & on unique features.
Utilizing a point and click interact system, and combining aspects of different genres & innovative mechanics.
You shape the story, you have the ability to make dramatic changes.
You play a lost girl, which discovers her mother has gone into deep coma for unknown reasons.
Upon discovering the horrific news, you decide to end you're own life.
But when you wake up, you are faced with the purgatory world of Deadwood, and in need of deep rest.
Engulfed by the mysterious forest that keeps changing shape and form, you soon realize its a dead end.
You will be taken on a journey, that challenges every emotion and mental illness you suffer from.
Encounter different characters & entities, choose the fate of different characters through multiple choice Q/A advanced dialogue.
Figure out why you are stuck here, solve the mystery of what really happened to your mother.
Did you kill yourself for nothing?
• Atmospheric dark enviroment
• Some levels are random generated & endless while other's are not
• Smooth platformer controls
• Non-linear gameplay & 7 chapters in the full game
• Chapters based upon different emotions / mental illnesses
• Each chapter will be around 30 minutes, full game around 3-4 hours, pricetag will be around 5.99 - 9.99€ (Not final)
• Chapters are unlocked and can be replayed
• Paranormal events and interesting new mechanics, including time travel
• Character thought system through bubbles
• Point and click interact system
• Secret area's / secret NPC's to talk to
• Captivating storytelling both direct and indirect
• Advanced multiple choice question/answer dialogue system that changes story
• Multiple different endings to the game
• High quality sound effects & ambiance made by composers.
• Original soundtrack as featured in greenlight trailer. Created by Chris Wirtz the creator of Elder Scrolls Online's piano medley
• Custom input support & advanced settings
• Possible multiplatform development depends on the future
The chapters are based off the main characters life experience/emotions/mental illnesses.
Short overview (subject to change)
• Chapter 1 “The awakening” Theme: Depression, realization”
• Chapter 2 “Isolation years” Theme: Solitude, lonelyness”
• Chapter 3 “The trees have eyes” Theme: Anxiety, fear, phobias”
• Chapter 4 “A glimpse of hope” Theme: “Love, jealousy”
• Chapter 5 “Mind of the mind killer” Theme: “Homicidal, suicidalistic”
• Chapter 6 “Death is life, life is death” Theme: “OCD, Obsession”
• Chapter 7 “The end of all things to come” Theme: “Death & rebirth”
Thank you for the support!