The game evolved a lot, but, most of all, the team evolved a lot.
A lot of new members joined the team, some already left because of personnal problems ( or are AFKs ) but it was pretty hertwarming to see that much support.
But we're not here to talk about that, we're here to talk about the improvements made to the game during this transition to the v0.2.
So here is what we basically added / improved ( some little details may be missing tho ):
- Improved the movement script ( added jump, etc. )
- Added a working shooting script with recoil management
- Added a dynamic crosshair ( depending on the recoil )
- Added a scoreboard ( the feature is there, I now need to convert it to the new Unity 4,6 UI system )
- Converted the main menu, online menu and settings menu to the new Unity 4,6 UI system
- Added a changelog section on the main menu, approaching the final design
- Modelized some props ( skateramps, chairs, kids playground swings... )
- Improved the polycount and polyflow of old weapons
- Fixed some bugs about the network
And here are the goals we need to achieve in order to put CQB in v0.3:
- Fix a lot of bugs linked to a player disconnect ( like deleting him from the scoreboard )
- Convert the whole UI to the new Unity 4.6 UI system
- Finish the gamemodes ( make the match end when reaching a given score, then returning back to the lobby )
- Do more props ( tables, benches, fountain, kid playground... )
- Begin working on the animations and poses of the soldiers
- Improve the shooting script by adding the ammo / reloading system
- Begin the backpack system ( switching between a rifle and gun / knife / grenades... )
- Make a pretty good part of the first map
So even if we still got a lot of work to do, we're improving the game pretty quickly and now that the gameplay and the UI are nearly finished we'll focus on the content of the game :)