Last week we launched multiplayer and the community had much to say about it. As we listened we realized that we could make logging onto a server much easier for you guys. Many players were hosting their own games but there was no way of “discovery” therefore players could not join. The bulk of this patch fixes that issue, as well as some small bug fixes.
Multiplayer is a brand new feature and we are constantly working and refining it. We need your help to make it as polished as possible, so if you come across a bug or have a suggestion, please let us know in the CHKN forum.
Expect small patches over the next few weeks to fix any issues, like the latest patch outlined below:
CHKN V0.0.51 Alpha Change Log
- Added option to multiplayer games to allow for public discovery. Directions below.
- Added support to display public IP for private games.
- Fixes to creature fetch AI to retrieve ball properly.
- Fixes to the new mouths that broke creature building.
- Fixes to spider life blocks creating the wrong items on detachment.
- Can now attach blocks to turtle head.
- Can no longer attach blocks to the bulbous part of the octopus head.
- Added icon for the small spider eye.
If you can take a minute to vote for us, we would greatly appreciate it. We have six more days to reach the Top 100 and then voting begins for Game of the Year. Thank you in advance! J
The dev team has been playing a lot together. Here are some screenshots we've taken during our sessions:
Watch the Dev Team present to Betaworks and demo multiplayer. They end up killing their CEO's creature. Don't worry, they still have jobs and will finish the game!