However, you can get an idea of the biggest change from this video...
Natural Selection 2 Build 210 Change Log
- Added new map: ns2_docking
- Removed structure energy from the game. All abilities that used to cost energy (Cysts, Distress Beacon, etc.) now cost team resources.
- Added Fade Vortex ability (tier 3). Fade can send structure or player temporarily into the "ether".
- Added new Armory and Prototype Lab "buy" menus.
- Added ghost structure effect for unbuilt Marine structures.
- Added view model for mines.
- Changed crosshair hit indicator to disappear faster.
- Crosshair no longer moves with the camera.
- Changed whip grenade whack to aim the grenade away from friendly units instead of throwing it back to the attacker.
- Ghost structures will now vanish when touched by infestation.
- Increased shade cloak radius from 15 to 22.
- Marine command can now recycle unbuilt structures.
- Recycling a Ghost Structure no longer gives back all resources and takes some time.
- Reduced shotgun spread slightly.
- Weapons drop their reserve ammo now as separate packs which can be picked up by marines carrying the correct weapon.
- Eggs will no longer spawn on top of Resource Points.
- Fixed bug in console binding system when the player has a lot of bindings defined.
- Fixed bug where cloaked alien structures on low HP show blood effect.
- Fixed bug where hydras attached to clogs could fall through the world.
- Fixed bug where resource towers won't display build/research progress bar.
- Fixed bug where sounds stop playing when switching abilities/weapons.
- Fixed bug where the Alien commander could see a Jetpack flying around without seeing the attached Marine in some cases.
- Fixed bug where the weapon draw sound would play multiple times when the player stopped using something.
- Fixed damage indicator is not shown for welder.
- Fixed exploit regarding Hypermutation.
- Fixed rare script error caused by an Alien ability finishing researching while an Alien player is dead.
- Fixed wall jump exploit.
- Fixed welder icon shown on dead units.
- It is no longer possible to change spectator modes while waiting to spawn (Thanks Hampton).
- It is now possible to spawn at Eggs nearby Hives that were recently killed.
- Prevent scanning of black area outside of map (was costing resources before).
- Using "kill" in the console while spectating will no longer do anything.
- Added clear_binding command to remove a console binding.
- Cysts and infestation now cloaks (Shade).
- Input to the Commander minimap and buttons is ignored when drag selecting units.
- Publishes/updates of mods now use the maximum zip compression level instead of the default (great reduction in size -- thanks for noticing, fsfod).
- Fixed shadowing issue in the Sub Access tech point.
- Fixed stuck issue in Computer Lab.
- Fixed stuck issue in Sub Access stairs.
- Fixed stuck issue in the corridor between Atrium and Crevice.
- Fixed stuck issue in the remaining Flight Control chairs.
- Fixed stuck issue in the stairs in Summit Reception.
- Moved Power Point in Data Core near the res nozzle location.
- Moved Power Point in Flight Control near the stairs.
- Moved Power Point in Sub Access to the old res nozzle location.
- Moved Sub Access res nozzle to the pit.
- Smoothed out player movement in the ReadyRoom.
- Added fog_area_modifier used to control the fog settings in an area of the world.
- Fixed bug where animated textures would not properly update when rendering an AVI from the Cinematic Editor.
- Fixed bug where the "specular" property for level lights wasn't taken into account in the Cinematic Editor.