We have just uploaded a small patch that addresses the PvE ramming exploit. We also added a new cylindrical block for you to toy around with until the Alpha gets released end of this month.
Yes, that's right: Empyrion Galactic Survival Alpha version will be released around end of March/early April!
Changelog Pre-Alpha 5.4.2:
Changes / Improvements:
- Anti-Griefing measure: no collision damage for ramming with vessels on PvE playfields
- Added new block shape: Cylinder
- Possible fix for error that occurred sometimes in relation to energy calculation and that could render a playfield unplayable until reboot / restart of playfield
- Fixed problem with round blocks (gap between block and round windows)
- Fixed damage stage of block shape: Hull Corner Long B
Alpha Progress Report:
We have been a bit quiet lately but this is for a good reason because we are fully focused on the upcoming Alpha release.
Until now, you could choose from up to 6 colors. With the Alpha version, your builds will be getting more colorful than ever before: The first iteration of the new color tool will let you choose from a range of no less than 31 colors! Enough colors for some serious paint jobs.
Sticking to the topic of variety, we would also like to present you two new sets of planetary decorations. Are you ready for a round trip? Let's revisit Masperon and Ningues!
....and finally some new additions to Omicron: Large rocks
Build your new base in the jungle on Akua:
We'll reveal more details and upcoming features in the coming weeks, as we are getting closer to the release date.
Empyrion Dev Team