Greetings everyone! Over the last two weeks we have been hard at work on Update 0.2.8 which brings an all new flight dynamic and performance improvements.
The design goal for wings has always been that they should reward both ingame skill as well as the skill of building. And that it should be easy to build a basic plane, but hard to build a realy good one. As such we are very happy with the new system. It enables a smooth and controllable flight experience, but doesnt sacrifice features like having to keep the center of mass in mind when building or decreased manouverability when damaged. Heres a little showcase of what flying a plane looks like now.
Apart from that we have been working hard on improving stability, performance and fixing bugs to get the game from alpha to beta.
Here are the full Patchnotes:
- Added Level of Detail Option
- New Wing behaviour
- New handling of speed limitations
- New Driftpad movement behaviour at higher speeds
- General Performance improvements by reducing drawcalls and polycount (Editor & Ingame)
- game join process is now more stable
- kill log
- Drastically increased Ai view distance
- some small modules now have better collision boxes
- damage direction indicators would appear for damage dealt to others
- weapon parts sometimes did not have the correct emissive color
- Controls were not localized correctly
- ai cores would sometimes appear somewhere on a spawn after destruction