July 20, 2019
A list of compatible mods has also been added in the article containing the description of the mod (Belgium a world major v 4.2.1 description)
July 9, 2019
Added to the mod:
- folder / file on_actions: (bwm_on_action.txt)
This automates some actions during the game.
So if France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom or the United States are transformed into Belgian puppet states they automatically take the right cosmetic tag (additional countries could be added). Moreover, at each election in Belgium, the composition of the congress is automatically recalculated. Finally, the signatories of the anti-Germanic pact can call others automatically in case of German aggression.
See you soon for more information on the next update.
July 08, 2019
- Missing triggers
- Code errors in the Belgian focus tree that lost part of the reward for the "Congolese Standing" focus
- Now the Belgian Congo starts with more convoys
- Icon for the union agreements idea
Sorry for the delay in the development of this update. I have a lot of personal work to finish and little time to devote to this mod. I think the update will be ready for the end of the week. I test, add and modify the content continuously during a test session. Yesterday I finished a first part test until 1989 without any crash. Some bugs are still present but they are minor and related to the last DLC. Their corrections may therefore no longer allow the compatibility of the mod with the vanilla version of the game (without DLC). This being against my policy: "any player can enjoy the mod", I will not correct these minor bugs. Especially since their effects are negligible.
One last info for this post, I am currently thinking about a reworking of the Belgian focus tree. The goal is to offer even more possibilities, especially for the royalist and communist ideologies. As well as a more developed colonial branch and a more diversified diplomatic branch. This new focus tree is currently in the paper stage. I read a lot of historical documents and think about historical and dystopian ways from that. I think it will not be finished until September (Project name: BWM Libra update)
July 2, 2019
Updated 02 July at 22:43
Minor bug fix.
Minor corrections made in Belgian and Congolese focus trees.
New decision (already made):
- Compromise with the US: allows to surrender Suriname and Curacao to the United States in case of war purpose against Belgium. In the case where the aforementioned territories are under the control of Belgium or are puppet states of Belgium (consequence of the Belgo-Dutch war)
- occupation of Paris by Belgium: completed
- occupation of Berlin by Belgium: completed
- occupation of London by Belgium: completed
- occupation of Amsterdam by Belgium: completed
- occupation of Moscow by Belgium: completed - occupation of Rome by Belgium: completed
I am well aware that these consecutive updates may seem like a reflection of unfinished work. Rather, we must see the will to provide a mod that is both stable and allowing the player to choose one way or the other without hindrance.
The game itself has evolved significantly since its inception and mods must be constantly updated to keep up with the game's evolution.
June 27, 2019
Update in progress:
-Update for the 1.7.1 version of the game >>> complete
-Update code (various files) >>>>> in progress
-New features >>>> in progress
Expected publication date: Sunday 30 June at 8 pm (Belgian local time)
June 21, 2016
After a few days of absence here is the update on the development of version 4.2.1
Missing quotation marks in an English translation file
Deleting unnecessary code
Some icons and flags
Minor changes in some events
Level of autonomy for Belgian specific puppets revised downwards from 0.9 to 0.1
New puppet states via decisions with leaders and flags
-Test and corrections before publication