Arcadian Atlas Prepares for Kickstarter
Focus. If someone asked me, "What is the most difficult thing about preparing a Kickstarter?" that would be it.
One of my managers once laughed at a job posting that read, "Must be able to multitask." She said, "Multitasking - good joke. Haven't we all learned that's impossible by now?" More and more I tend to agree with her.
Kickstarters are difficult precisely because there is too much to do and not enough time to do it in. No matter what precautions or preparations you make, roadblocks are going to crop up and you're going to miss something. But we're trying really hard, and working some crazy long hours because this is so important to us.
We wanted to share some of the different threads we've been chasing down in preparation for April 5th. This has been, and will be, our blood sweat and tears for the next couple of months.
Weaving a Tapestry
The elements are coming together slowly but surely, and we're so excited to share the rewards, stretch goals, and exhilaration of a Kickstarter with you all. Here are just a few of the things we've been busy badgers at lately:
- Kickstarter Campaign - you know that huge block of text and images on every Kickstarter? Yeah, turns out that's a lot of work. We've been researching and writing and drawing and punching and slapping. Rewards, bios, story and class summaries - it's all in the mix!
- Extended Trailer - we had such an amazing response from our teaser, and now we're extending and improving that footage for a longer trailer cut for the Kickstarter. Who knows, you may even see a bit of our goofy faces (but not too much. We're super awkward).
- Community & Press - if you've seen our Twitters, you know we have too much fun on the internet. Community is what makes this all worthwhile, and we want to spread the word about Arcadian Atlas so more people can know about it. Every article, every follower, every tailored comment helps, and we don't take that lightly.
- Gorgeous Art - oh man, if it isn't the title screen image or the new character designs or the monster designs Becca is working up, it's something else that completely blows me away. We're hard at work on gifs and stills that help draw people deeper into the world of Arcadia.
- Music - Mortiz is tapping his toes and snapping his fingers to a few new beats for us all as well that we can't wait to show off!
So yep, it's all happening, and it's all happening soon! April 5th is just around the corner (and believe me, we feel it more than anyone :D)
Seriously, if you haven't added us on Twitter yet, WHY NOT? We LOVE talking with you guys. I mean, I have more fun in 5 minutes on Twitter than I do in 5 hours at my actual non-gamedev job. Please please please reach out to us, even if just to say hi!
@ArcadianAtlas @Tupeloshoney @wtaylorbair
Have particular rewards you really loved in previous Kickstarters? Let us know! This stuff is for you guys, so we want to do our best to make it a wonderful experience for the people who care most. Sound off in the comments or our Twitters - we'll listen!
Behind the Scenes
And if you haven't seen them, here are some behind the scenes interviews and podcasts about our lives, our game design ideas, and whatever weird stuff we happen to be thinking about at the time!
Sibling Development Team Bring Arcadian Atlas to Kickstarter - Examiner.com
Interview with Becca and Taylor Bair - Black & White Productions
Podcast with Becca & Taylor Bair of Arcadian Atlas - Darkstation.com
And that's all for now! Back to the ol' grindstone until we think of something else to post on the internet for all you lovely people!