This is the second public release, so expect a few issues still! Report any bugs you might find on our forum.
- More tweaks on mouse controls, included camera tilt and free camera modes
- Ship controls updated for free cam
- Updated controls reference in menu
- Added planet rotations in at level 4 to increase difficulty
- Planet rotation speed increases on consecutive levels
- Updates on Terran surface population restrictions
- Improved landing pad spawn location logic
- Removed DOF effect for now
- Planetary art assets updated
- Added thruster sound effect
- Made note to self to keep better track of changes
Up next, we'll be adding some more planet types and population objects, plus we'll be looking at space stations as well. We're hoping to get some time in to work on getting a nice atmosphere effect on the appropriate planet types as well. We're still fine-tuning the controls (especially for free cam), but it's marginally better than it was in the previous build at least. One of the other things we did that isn't in the changelog was try out "proper" solar system configurations, but sadly Unity's point light shadows were not playing very nice and we opted to keep the same system generation style for now. We'll keep looking into it though!
Rest assured, more play modes are coming soon! For now, the challenge mode gives us the chance to get some feedback on the planet generation and controls which are some of the key ingredients for the game as a whole.
If you're wondering how you can get your hands on this build, check out our preorder page here. We've got an awesome "Pay what you Want" option for all you early supporters out there, and it guarantees you access to all alpha/beta and final releases DRM-free straight from our website! It's just our way of saying thanks for believing in us and the project. If you've already preordered, just login and head to your dashboard to get the new downloads!
All our best,
The PWM Team