For this update we were mainly focusing on adding Controller support and a basic system for Tutorials too. There are a couple of small features we added and a couple of issues were fixed too.
Controller support is now finally available and its engine is compatible with the majority of available game controllers out there. As this is the first implementation for Controller support we are putting fixing possible incompatibility altogether with completing some of the minor UI issues onto our to-do list.
The Tutorial system is currently offering simple Tutorials to help get familiarized with some of the basic mechanics of the game. More detailed and specialized tutorials will be added continually. Along with that we have added an additional Tutorials screen to the Journal from where Tutorials can be started, stopped, restarted or continued for any of the tutorials available. And in Options menu there is also a switch for displaying Tutorials or not.
As we received lots of responses from our gamers being confused about special game variables meaning in "Custom Game" menu, we added new tooltip texts and information to this screen. Window panels were given a new (and more practical) top hinge position when attached and we have also added a Small Chest which may be serving a special purpose in future updates.
01. Added: Controller support
02. Added: Tutorial system
03. Added: Tutorials screen in Journal
04. Added: New Small Chest object
05. Added: New Hint screens for Doors and Windows describing the Attach/Detach procedure
06. Added: New Tooltip texts and screens in Custom game screen describing DayForward and TimeFlow game parameters
01. Added: Top hinged position for Window panels
02. Added: Random Placement position for Collectible objects on shore
03. Changed: Raft rotation stopping faster
04. Added: Optimization procedures in preparation for bigger islands
01. Fixed: Game load sometimes freezing up when loading very old savegames
02. Fixed: Attached objects to Raft objects losing attached state after save/load
03. Fixed: Objects placed on raft sometimes very jumpy
04. Fixed: Small Barrel sometimes not correctly sitting on raft when attached
05. Fixed: Collider for Trunk Raft Module sometimes not working
06. Fixed: Attached object to Raft side modules not correctly attached
07. Fixed: Objects being incorrectly attached to raft base modules after 2x save/load
08. Fixed: Raft rocketing up after attaching Pillars or Rudders to it
09. Fixed: Word Wid -> Wind in Scenarions Challenges screen
10. Fixed: Floating/Jumping player character when dragging blueprints of big objects
11. Fixed: Unable to look closely at Sailing Pillars and Rudders after save/load
12. Fixed: Sometimes not saved attached state for Doors/Windows attached to Door/Window Wall modules built on raft
13. Fixed: Raft jumping around after save/load when Railing was built on it
14. Fixed: Raft jumping around after save/load when Doors/Windows was attached to Door/Window Wall modules on it
15. Fixed: Not correctly saved detached state of Doors/Windows detached from Door/Window Wall modules
We plan to work some more on making our game more user friendly with more Hints, Tutorials and narrative texts but re-enabling the Sextant and the 5000x5000 km game map again will still be our top priority. The additional plans include also the Map UI, Fruit ripening, Fruit regrow, Spear, Smoker, Ship wrecks, Sailing UI, Dolphins, Sharks, Simple Quests ... We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!