the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 41' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding the Local Achievements screen and on introducing some new achievements too. The new Rocky Seagull island is expanding island variety and Mist during rain is a game changer. There are some gameplay improvements and a couple of the issues were fixed too.
The Local Achievements screen does not only offer the possibility to check the progression of Achievements but also resets with each new game started. Here as a player you have the chance to get to experience your favourite goals in different game scenario settings again. For the list of Achievements we have added the new types "Travel" and "Survival". As we make progress also new challenges will be added to this list.
Seagulls have finally gotten their own island type. Hereby we expand the list of island types by adding the type Rocky Seagull Island. On this kind of islands it is easier to steal Seagull eggs and collect feathers, but beware of resident Seagulls home on as much as up to 7 nesting rocks also being able to attack in high numbers!
It could turn out difficult when travelling the sea and during heavy rain or storms mist turns up. Have Compass and map at hand because in such a situation blindly paddling or sailing further can quickly turn out as a bad decision...
01. Added: Local Achievements Screen to Journal Page
02. Added: Rocky Seagull Island
03. Added: Mist during Rain
01. Added: Torch reacts to Wind effects
02. Added: New Rock models
03. Added: Notification information in NotifyBar when unlocking Achievements
04. Added: Travel type Achievements: Walk/Run, Swim, Dive, Paddle, Sail
05. Added: Survival type Achievements: Sleep, Triangulation, Craft, Build
06. Added: Some percentage of Turtle Eggs get destroyed when picking up from the Turtle Nests
07. Added: Bottles can now keep fluids fresh and unspoiled for 20% longer
08. Added: Barrels can now keep fluids fresh and unspoiled for 50% longer
01. Fixed: Achievement not unlocking for Igniting Campfire
02. Fixed: Turtle Eggs rolling around freely
03. Fixed: Savegame Screenshots are blurry
04. Fixed: Seagull Eggs and Turtle Eggs were different incorrectly
05. Fixed: Hitting a Seagull with an Axe or Hammer does not kill it
06. Fixed: Killing a Seagull with an Arrow does not trigger Achievements
07. Fixed: Killing a Seagull with an Axe or Hammer does not trigger Achievements
08. Fixed: Items created/gathered on remote islands disappearing after 2x Save/Load
09. Fixed: Hitting Coconut Pot with an Axe does not destroys it
10. Fixed: Canoe and Raft blueprints automatically complete after Save/Load
11. Fixed: Player not getting wet when standing in Light Rain
Besides on working on the below listed features we re-checked global map functionality and will work on re-enabling the Sextant and the 5000x5000 km game map again. Also we have found a solution for the Dragging system which will be applied and adjusted with future updates. The additional plans include also Fruit ripening, Fruit regrowing, Door, Window, Spear, Smoker, Ship wrecks, Sailing UI, Dolphins, Sharks, Game Controller, Tutorial System, Simple Quests ... We will work also on solving new issues and on re-checking some older issues. Other new features will be added as implementing planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!