the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 39' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding the Banana Roof building modules and the Auto paddle feature. There are some gameplay improvements and a couple of the issues were fixed too.
The new Banana Roof modules allow to build complete buildings now also on islands with high Banana trees density. The recently added Palm Roof modules now have slightly updated models.
The Auto paddle feature makes long paddling journeys less demanding. Auto paddling is started automatically after paddling for a couple of seconds and can be turned off manually at any time or automatically in shallow water.
01. Added: Banana Roof modules
02. Added: Auto Paddle feature
01. Added: Outline for some more small objects
02. Changed: Updated models for Palm Roof Modules
03. Changed: Evaporation rate was lowered to 36/72 hours for Water Holders (Coconuts) and Water Collector
01. Fixed: Maximum protection buildings recognized as level 3 rain protection
02. Fixed: Not adding water to Water holder objects when the player had just enough or less water than needed for recipe
03. Fixed: Salt spawned when the player emptied Salt Water
04. Fixed: Missing Actionbar/inventory icon for Salt Water Cooked
05. Fixed: Salt Water not turning to Salt when water evaporated
06. Fixed: Water not evaporating from freshly cut coconuts
During the Summer Holidays we will aim to work on expanding and balancing the existing game mechanics. Some of the longer present issues are already in fixing stage. Additional plans also include Fruit ripening, Fruit regrow, Door, Window, Spear, Smoker, Ship wrecks, Sailing UI, Dolphins, Sharks ... We will work also on solving new issues and we will re-check some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!