the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 38' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding a couple of Roof building modules, a narrow Ramp and a Wind indicator on the Half Pillar. It is now possible to Sit & Wait on Raft modules as well. There are a couple of gameplay and UI improvements and some issues were fixed too.
The new Roof modules complete the already added list of roof modules and allow to build complete buildings now. Narrow Ramps leave more free space around and the Wind indicator on the Half Pillar can get very useful on rafts (as community-requested). The hand-held Wind indicator can be stuck into the ground.
To Sit & Wait is now also possible on Rafts and may shorten long journeys (of course when the wind direction is not changing much :steamhappy: ).
01. Added: Roof modules
02. Added: Narrow Ramp
03. Added: Wind indicator on Half Pillar
04. Added: Sit & Wait on Raft modules
01. Changed: Sleep-on-Ground Use key is HoldKey now
02. Changed: Sit-on-Ground Use key is HoldKey now
03. Changed: Quality of Stick Paddle is increased to 1500 (was 1000)
04. Changed: Palm Fronds spawn more palm leaves
05. Added: Wind Indicator can be stuck into Ground
06. Added: Outline for Shells
07. Added: Outline Small Items setting to Options/Gameplay screen
08. Added: Displaying HP of objects in focus when available
09. Added: Displaying Spoiling status of meal in focus when available
01. Fixed: Flying When Sit down and Hint comes up and was closed
02. Fixed: Not able to enter Sleep-on-ground when Sitting
03. Fixed: Active Hold key functionality even when it was not needed
04. Fixed: Memory leaks when building preview modules were placed and not finalized yet
04. Fixed: Not closed hands around paddle when exiting Canoe after using Map
05. Fixed: Dropping Paddle from hands when using the Map during Paddling
06. Fixed: Not Hiding Paddle when on Canoe and using Map
07. Fixed: Showing salted status of Salmon in inventory missing
08. Fixed: Showing salted status of dried meal missing
09. Fixed: Incorrect Wind checking for campfire
10. Fixed: Salt destroyed when equipped under 100% roof while raining
During the Summer Holidays we don't plan to add/implement some big features - we will aim to work on expanding and balancing the existing game mechanics. Some of the longer present issues are already in fixing stage. Additional plans also include Fruit ripening, Fruit regrow, Door, Window, Spear, Smoker, Ship wrecks, Sailing UI, Dolphins, Sharks ... We will work also on solving new issues and we will re-check some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!