the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 35' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding the base functionality for the Cooking system. The first recipes are for making oil and food. There is a new Bandage Torch which can be pinned into the ground. A couple of gameplay improvements were added and some issues were fixed too.
The long-awaited Cooking functionality is finally implemented. The first available recipes are for making Coconut and Fish Oil and for preparing Boiled Fish, Meat and Eggs. The features for the Cooking system will be updated and expanded in future releases and the list of the available recipes will include a wide range of cookable meals, soups, drinks and medicine.
The new Bandage Torch is burning longer. Torches are now reacting to weather elements and their lighting effect is also dynamic. It is possible to stick the Torches into the ground and their worn-out level is displayed in the Inventory as well.
The hotkey system was reworked a little and keys for controlling some actions were reorganized too. Press & Hold functionality was introduced in some critical operations like emptying bottles or extinguishing a fire...
01. Added: Press & Hold functionality
02. Added: Cooking system
03. Added: Fish Oil recipe
04. Added: Coconut Oil recipe
05. Added: Boiled Meat recipe
06. Added: Boiled Fish recipe
07. Added: Boiled Egg recipe
08. Added: Bandage Torch
01. Added: Show the actual saved Island in menu not always the Starting one
02. Changed: More precise Meal Dryer rain check
03. Added: Display Torch state in inventory
04. Changed: Thirst reduction is based on the water amount drunk
05. Changed: Refined rain check points for all water holders objects
06. Added: Wind is affecting Torch smoke
07. Added: Wind is affecting Torch flame
08. Added: Rain can extinguish Torches
09. Added: Put Torch into ground
01. Fixed: Not always correct Fire Stick texture in crafted CampFire
02. Fixed: Adding not burning Fire Stick to not burning just crafted CampFire ignites it
03. Fixed: Not possible to add Fire Sticks to CampFire when just crafted
04. Fixed: White shining ash at night in extinguished Campfire
05. Fixed: Pressing Esc in menu sub-dialogues closes all parent menus
06. Fixed: Not possible to destroy some "Completed" save/loaded built objects
07. Fixed: Torch Stick not extinguished in water
08. Fixed: 100% ignite rate for Torch Stick and Fire Stick (now is lower)
09. Fixed: Save/loading of ignited Torch sometimes halted the initialization procedure
As there were added a lot of new features in the last couple of releases for the next update we plan to work on the issues with higher priority again. We plan to work some more on the newly introduced Collectibles system too. The additional plans include also the Fruit ripening, Fruit regrow, Door, Window, Spear, Smoker, Salt, Candle-lantern, Ship wrecks, Dolphins, Sharks ... We will work also on solving new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!