the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 34' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding additional usages for Banana trees - there are new Banana Building modules, Banana Raft module and a Banana Canoe. Dead Grass can be used as Kindling and the Fire Stick can be used as a simple Torch. Campfires have gotten an updated look too. A couple of gameplay improvements were added and some issues were fixed too.
The new Banana Foundation Pillars, Banana Pillar, Banana Side-Beam Frame make survival on Banana islands easier while the new Banana Raft module and the Banana Canoe makes it possible to leave the island sooner. Papaya trees can now be chopped down to free up space on Papaya islands.
The new harvestable Dead Grass can be used as a kindling for Campfires - however it is a little harder to ignite than the kindling made from Coconut Fiber.
The Fire Saw can now be used multiple times before it breaks apart. Not only successful but also failed ignition attempts degrade its quality. Fire Sticks can now be ignited and used as a Simple Torch. Burning Campfires have gotten a whole new look too.
The Save system has been upgraded and optimized to allow saving more complex building modules in the future. The Foliage Detail Distance option allows to change the LOD level to meet the players actual HW/Quality requirements.
01. Added: Banana Foundation Pillars
02. Added: Banana Pillar
03. Added: Banana Side-Beam Frame
04. Added: Banana Raft module
05. Added: Banana Canoe
06. Added: Dead Grass
07. Added: Stick Torch
08. Added: Upgraded Campfire
09. Added: Reusable Fire Saw
10. Added: Foliage detail distance option
01. Changed: Raft dragging mechanic
02. Changed: Optimized Save system
01. Fixed: Unable to add more sticks to fire when cooking
02. Fixed: Incorrect aimed item description background size
03. Fixed: Not cleared water spoil state when raining
04. Fixed: Not correct filling with water for all Goblets
05. Fixed: Not correct filling with water for all Tankards
06. Fixed: Not correct filling with water for all Coconut items
07. Fixed: Night time hot temperatures
08. Fixed: Incorrect HP of some saved/loaded objects
09. Fixed: Huge HP values of built building modules
10. Fixed: Banana trunks disappear after save/load
We will continue to concentrate more on improving the gameplay and on adding more content to make our game more entertaining and longer playable. The additional plans include also the Fruit ripening, Fruit regrow, Soup, Cooking in Coconut pots, Door, Window, Spear, Smoker, Salt, Candle-lantern, Torch, Ship wrecks, Dolphins, Sharks ... We will also work on solving new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!