We've just released Alpha 2c. This version added the game's tutorial, more art assets and fixed some major bugs found during the playtesting of Alpha 2b.
This update is now available in the main branch of Steam (will be available in Humble tomorrow morning - sorry, not so good internet connection here). For instructions on how to play the latest build please go here.
Compatibility note: Saves from Alpha 2b may work with Alpha 2c, but it is strongly advised that you delete all your current custom races and start new games with Alpha 2c, to benefit from the game's fixes and new features fully.
Thanks a lot!
Adam Solo & MalRey
Don't forget to wishlist the game on Steam!
Interstellar Space: Genesis is a new turn-based space 4X strategy game currently under development by Praxis Games. The game is currently in Alpha. Feel welcome to open threads and discuss any topic you’d like in the game forums.
We’re making the most complete and comprehensive Turn Based Space 4X ever developed, and we count with your support to make it happen! So, please tell your friends about ISG, people who loved Master of Orion but also space 4X games or strategy games in general and soon you will Discover the Unknown. Thanks!
Alpha 2c (Release Note)
- Tutorial added! Can be enabled/disabled in the game settings. It is enabled by default.
- New Human scientist character!
- Animations added for Epocholon and Dexana leaders!
- Added the missing buildings and wonders 3D models, as for animations for all buildings!
- The loading screen now shows tips.
- Surrender option removed from the diplomacy screen. It only caused the player to lose the game and nothing more at this stage. The surrender mechanics will be fleshed out post-release, possibly in the 1st expansion pack.
- Hurry construction renamed to Construction Rush.
- Desire to colonize a world now doesn't trigger too early in the game and its chance of triggering was also reduced.
UI / GRAPHICS
- The Colonization and Invasion cutscenes can now be skipped only with the keys 'Esq', 'space' and 'enter' and with any mouse button.
- Atmospheric Terraforming tooltip revised to clarify which transformations are possible with only this technology, and which require that the Terrestrial Terraforming tech is also researched.
- Human emperor character animation changes.
- Tweaks made to all emperor, scientist and military characters from all races to look as good as possible.
- Gas Giants yellow color for the "small dots" below a system name are now a bit brighter for better contrast with grey asteroid belts.
- Many text revisions done on race modifiers, special abilities, unique abilities, technologies, and others.
- Music default volume is now lower (music was too loud before).
- Fixed two major bugs that were causing "end turn" freezing issues.
- Fixed a major bug that was causing leader bonuses to not be accounted for during space combat.
- Fixed an issue where the enemy tooltips for ship defense and ship attack bonuses in space combat were not showing the complete information (it was missing bonuses from: crew XP, leaders, starbases and airspace support facilities).
- Fixed a bug that was causing the "colony arrows" - to switch between colonies inside the colony view - to not function.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the light in the remote exploration screen to be darker than it should be.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the map to not be centered and in the correct zoom level when coming from a game with a specific size and then starting a new game with a different size.
- Fixed a glitch that was causing graphic issues on explosions during planetary bombardment.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the "Low Empire Cashflow" notification to fire with 0 BC in the treasury. Now only fires if the treasury becomes negative.
- Fixed a soft crash in space combat.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing the zoom function to be used during the colonization cutscene.
- Borders area adjusted so that the entire area is displayed. Before, some borders at the edges of the screen could become clipped.
- Fixed an issue where the empire information panel would overlap slightly with the colony panel in ultra-wide monitors.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing text overlap in the asteroid belt names in the overview panel.
- Fixed an issue that was causing big treasury numbers to wrap and overlap with other UI elements.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the research and space culture screens to render beneath the colony view when clicking in the research and space culture areas of the empire information panel at the top.
- Fixed an issue with the Support Ship contribution to planetary engineering activities (was showing an erroneous bonus percentage over the base planetary engineering bonus, but that is not needed).
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Human Titan "Group Shield" ability to only be applied to one Titan ship in battle.
- Fixed an issue in the "Let's Coordinate Our Efforts" diplomacy option when asking an ally to declare war on a third-party, an empty list would show up if the AI cannot / will not declare war to anyone but still ask to whom shall the player wants it to declare war to.
Instructions on how to download the latest build can be found here.