the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 28' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on improving and balancing the gameplay. There is also a new craft-able Small Rope, Advanced Arrow and Banana frond beds. Palm leaves got new textures everywhere and there are some new trees too.
Our main goal in this update was to make another round of improving gameplay again a little more. One of the most awaited feature added is the ability to manually rotate the Dragged objects and the possibility to rotate them to their natural upwards direction while stopping their unwanted rotation. The Bow got new Draw and Shoot sounds, building modules have now new (more realistic and less annoying) crafting recipes. One of the most visually noticeable change is the new Palm Frond texture everywhere - they look more natural and realistic on trees and in building modules too.
The Small Rope is the first member added from the rope family - other, stronger and (physically) longer ropes will be added a little later. The new Advanced Arrow is capable of killing Crabs and also there is a new Primitive and Simple bed crafted from Banana Fronds - they are a little more comfortable than their Coconut counterparts. Unused/spare Coconut pots, husks and fibers can be destroyed now. There are a little more animals spawning and the amount of Turtles was increased a little too.
01. Added: Small Rope
02. Added: Advanced Arrow with Rock tip
03. Added: Schefflera Tree
04. Added: Primitive Banana Frond Bed
05. Added: Simple Banana Frond Bed
06. Added: Possibility to shoot Crabs with the Advanced Arrow
01. Added: Feather spawning count increased by 1 (to 4 in total) on Nesting Rocks
02. Changed: Bow can be added to Backpack
03. Added: Bow can not be add to Pockets nor to SideBag
04. Added: Feathers are grouped in Inventory
05. Changed: Palm Frond has new Palm leaf texture
06. Changed: Palm Trees have new Palm leaf textures
07. Changed: Palm Frond Bed has new Palm leaf texture
08. Changed: Primitive Bed has new Palm leaf texture
09. Changed: Chopped Palm Frond has new Palm leaf texture
10. Changed: All building modules have the new Palm leaf texture
11. Changed: Banana building modules have new recipes
12. Changed: Palm building modules have new recipes
13. Changed: The Bow now needs also a Small Rope to craft
14. Added: Possibility to rotate Dragged objects left/right
15. Added: Possibility to rotate Dragged objects upwards
16. Added: Journal key binding in Options menu Controls Tab
17. Changed: Animal spawning percent increased from 15 to 20%
18. Changed: Crab spawning percent decreased from 95 to 90%
19. Changed: Turtle spawning percent increased from 5 to 10%
20. Added: Draw and Shoot sounds for Bow in hand
21. Added: Hotkey icons in Actionbar for rotating dragged objects left/right
22. Added: Hotkey icon in Actionbar for rotating dragged objects upwards
23. Added: Functionality to change the Arrow used with the Bow
24. Added: Hotkey icons in Actionbar for Draw and Shoot with the Bow
25. Added: Hotkey icon in Actionbar for changing the used Arrow with the Bow
26. Added: Green Cut Coconut can be destroyed
27. Added: Coconut Husk can be destroyed
28. Added: Coconut Fiber can be destroyed
29. Added: Coconut Pot can be destroyed
01. Fixed: Spawning and duplicating issue when breaking coconuts
02. Fixed: Not spawning Feathers issue
03. Fixed: Sometimes not correctly saved/loaded Feathers issue
04. Fixed: Not spawning Seagulls after save/load issue
05. Fixed: Correct drag&drop the Bow from hand to Inventory
06. Fixed: Correct picking up the Bow from ground directly to Backpack
07. Fixed: Correct disposing the equipped Bow when showing Map
08. Fixed: Directly taking Peeled Banana from Drying Rack to Backpack is correct now
09. Fixed: Fruit Cook-state is correctly displayed now
10. Fixed: Added the missing name text for Banana Leaf in Inventory
We plan to continue with checking and testing the Raft and Sailing mechanic even more. Issues regarding them will be solved with higher priority. We plan to add some new features to the Bow and Arrow too. The additional plans include also the Smoker, Salt, different liquid types... Besides these new features the Animal's AI will be still on the agenda as the new Sailing UI and the new Menu. We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!