the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 25' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on refining and expanding the lately added spoiling system with Water spoiling. There is a new simple Diverse Diet mechanic and fruits can be dried/cooked too.
The lately added Spoiling system has been updated to be more universal to allow us to add more food with different types in the future more easily. The spoiling graph has been modified to be more slow at the beginning and to be more fast at the end of the spoiling interval. The actual hunger values based on the spoiling state as well as the spoiling state itself is now displayed in the UI. The general spoiling speed of some food has been lowered also.
The newly added Water Spoiling system represents another interesting feature that adds another level of realism to the game. Like food also the water can spoil in high temperatures and in direct Sunlight. Water in the Water collector in the Sun spoils faster as in Coconut Pots placed in shade. The next step will be to add some bigger containers to preserve the water for even longer time intervals. One of the preparations for future additions is the newly added ability to pour the water from one container into another.
The new Diverse Diet mechanic is a very simple system which makes the survival more interesting. There aren't nutrition, sugar, fat and protein levels - the player only needs to have the consumed Sea Food, Land Food and the Fruit levels on nearly even values to get the most energy from the consumed food. Big differences between the amount of consumed different types of food lead the energy gained from the meal being low. As in the case of the Spoiling system also the Diet system is an implementation which can be changed in the future as it will be more refined and expanded to offer a simple and interesting way to increase the immersion in the game.
Fruits can be dried or cooked which is also a base functionality for future expansion of the cooking system.
Some issues were fixed regarding the Coconut Palms and their Fronds as well as: reappearing Fronds after being cut, need to chop the trunk twice, bad saving/loading and so on.
The long awaited functionality for assigning the Thumb Mouse buttons is also added.
01. Added: Water Spoiling system
02. Added: Diverse Diet system
03. Added: Peeled Banana for drying
04. Added: Coconut Flesh Cubes for cooking
05. Added: Thumb Mouse Buttons assignment
01. Added: GUI Status Icons for Eat, Drink, Hit, Craft values of the item aimed at
02. Added: Spoil Speed is translated to a new curve shape: slow at start, fast at end
03. Changed: Seagull Egg spoil time has been changed to 7 days
04. Changed: Yellow Banana spoil time has been changed to 3 days
05. Added: Spoiling time set to 5 days for Coconut Cut
06. Added: Spoiling time set to 5 days for Coconut Pot
07. Added: Spoiling time set to 5 days for Coconut Green Cut
08. Added: Water-plane for Coconut Cut
09. Added: Water-plane for Coconut Pot
10. Added: Water-plane for Coconut Green Cut
11. Added: Tiny Banana plant can be chopped like other foliage (Bush)
12. Added: Small Banana plant can be chopped like other foliage (Bush)
13. Added: Items in Inventory will also be grouped based on their Water Level
01. Fixed: Palm Frond not re-appearing on Tiny Standing palms after frond was cut and saved/loaded
02. Fixed: Already cut palm Fronds from a Small Palm that were save/loaded and chopped down don't re-appear again
03. Fixed: No need to chop down an already chopped Small Palm with already cut Fronds again
04. Fixed: Correct cookstate of the cookable objects at save/load
We plan to work some more on the Spoiling system and the Diverse Diet mechanic too. The planned addition for the Water container/preservation system will be washed-up Barrels on the shore - which will also introduce the new Collectibles mechanic. Additional plans: Smoker, choppable banana palms, banana palm building tier, new fruit, Bow ... Besides these new features the Animal's AI will be still on the agenda as the new Sailing UI and the new Menu. We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. also. Other new features will be added as implementing planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!