First of all, we want to tell you about our game-mechanics and its main activities.
1. Interaction with the world. The game is based on 3 basic principles: quest search, quest completion, development of your fleet and fighters.
- Quests can be found anywhere in the form of coordinates, received in the open space as a distress signal with a request for help or by talking to an NPC.
- The execution of quests in most cases comes down to the classic battles in order to save or neutralize. They are presented in two versions: space fights, with the participation of ships and ground battles, with the participation of squad members.
- Space battles take place in a simple turn-based system. During the turn, the player chooses a point of movement and action (shooting, defense or otherwise). Depending on the ship modules installed, the nature of tactical actions may differ and change over time. The game-mechanics of ground battles is copied from X-COM and in fact is no so different, but it has much more options for equipping fighters, as well as inventory that can be used right on the battlefield, changing weapons and modules.
- The development of the fleet occurs in the horizontal and vertical planes. First of all, it is possible to regulate the type and number of ships, and to manage the ships you need human resources (captain), which you have to look for. And further, various housing colors, ship implements (which need to be calibrated), armor and other modules will be available for customization. The development of fighters will base on a leveling-up system. At each promotion, several class abilities will be opened for the fighter, of which only one can be selected. However, there will be cyber implants in the game, which change the static characteristics or add new skills to the fighters.
Equipment and weapons will be available for purchase on space bases, obtained in battles or provided as a reward for contracts. All armor can be customized, and weapons upgraded with additional barrels, sights, butts and other accessories.
- The reaction of the world to the player's actions. SOS is designed as a space sandbox. In this regard, each choice made by the player will change the course of the development of the galaxy. Thanks to the actions of your unit, the degree of influence of corporations, the fate of various planetary colonies, and the main plot of the game will definitely change.
3. The relationship between the worlds of different players. Although our game is single-player, it is planned to implement the basic statistics and rating system: from the number of killed space-pigs in the sum by all users, to the total account that determines the most powerful captain of the SOS universe. The rating will be informational only and will not give in-game advantages.