Greetings and salutations!
This week's screenshot shows an old view, re-captured under the new shaders:
The week just past was a bit of a short one as regarded my work on A Door to the Mists: on Friday I embarked on a weekend game-jam, part of a charity drive by gamedev.world in aid of devs left stranded by the Covid-19 measures. A little more on that at the end of the post, but first, the work done on A Door to the Mists:
Once again, the main of the work done in the week just past was aesthetic in nature.
For one thing, I dimmed the leaf-litter in the barrow-level: I felt that it was a bit too bright as I had it before.
For another, I transferred the main player-light shader's aesthetic changes into the more-specific player-light shaders: now murals, animal-signs, curtains, and so on should all shade similarly.
I also did some reworking of the manner in which my player-light shaders handle "blob-lights": I had discovered that, as I had them, they produced inconsistent light-thresholding--in particular, hard-edged thresholding where it was otherwise rather softer. This should be rectified now!
And along the way I made a few other changes that don't seem worth detailing!
I mentioned at the start of this post that over the weekend I took part in a game-jam. That jam was the "GDC Relief Jam" (https://itch.io/jam/14068/), hosted by gamedev.world.
For my entry I built a small exploration game: the player takes the form of a fire(-ish)-bird and collects rainbow-lights, each representing a type of human "connection", all scattered around a little low-poly scene.
And as a bonus, I got to implement a mechanic that for some time now I've somewhat wanted to make use of: A simple 3D flight model, inspired by the dragon-flight in Drakan: Order of the Flame, complete with gliding! ^_^
The jam has left me rather tired--and so, this post aside, I intend to take today off!
That then is all for this week--stay well, and thank you for reading! ^_^