Artists located Anywhere.
We are Crytivo, a small indie game developer based in San Diego. We are best known for the Universim game, but we also work on multiple projects supporting and publishing for other indie game developers.
And now we need a Unity UI/UX Designer to join our creative team to create compelling, emotionally impactful designs to delight our players and showcase the Crytivo style and brand! You’ll have the opportunity to create and deliver visually outstanding, user-focused experiences that make our games even more fun for our fans.
Come and join us! Work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment working with passionate Artists, Game Designers, Producers, and Software Engineers to create leading-edge games and features. We also offer excellent working conditions--no crunch!
- 2+ years of experience as a UI designer
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, asset integration pipeline, and UI /UX tools.
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies.
- Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns.
- Game industry experience preferred
- Talented junior designers are welcome but an impressive portfolio is required.
- Work from office only from 9am-6pm. (We’re located at Miramar, near a military base and near Playstation Offices.)
- Create UI design and prototypes
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design.
- Collaborate with other team members to establish effective pipeline and integrate assets and media.
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable, reliable and well-organized code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate them.
- Transfer existing game art to the game porting team
Nice to have
- 3D modeling/sculpting and lighting
- Experience working with 3rd parties
- Knowledge of version control