Programmers located Anywhere.
Posted by Nafei on
Tired of working on games that never get released? Then you're at the right place!
Titanforged Entertainment is currently working on a 3D multiplayer game containing several board games. The environment of the game is something of an RPG tavern/potion/scroll shop and the game style is stylized with hand-painted texturing. You can think of the art style as in World of Warcraft or Fortnite or Warcraft 3, just to make it more clear. The environment is ONLY used for the looks. Meaning, the environment is only there as a lobby screen & waiting area. There will be a cinematic screen in the tavern and we will make it feel cozy and nice when people are in the menu's and waiting for a game. At the bottom of this post, you can see some screenshots from the game at its current state. Note that the screenshots are taken from the 3D software and are still not sculpted or textured which is why they look simple and plain. They will look more detailed at a later stage in development.
The game contains multiple board (and card) games where people play against each other in for example Chess, Ludo, Snakes & Ladders, Uno, Poker, Scrabble, Drawing/Guessing and more. The boards we are developing will also be in full 3D. For example, Chess would have a castle/monastery environment with the pieces designed as character pieces. In this game you can play to gain ranks and medals. You earn coins from playing, which you can use to buy skins and different pieces in the coin shop. There are more features in the game but these are just some of them.
Titanforged is looking for a highly motivated and talented Programmer. You will be provided all the assets from the artists and it is your responsibility to bring life to the game. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- We do not require a specific programming language. It is up to you, as long as everything is written nicely and the game is working as it's supposed to.
- You should be able to program the game as a solo project. We only try to recruit members if necessary.
- You need to have a passion for board games.
- You are someone who finishes projects. Please do not apply if you have a hard time finishing a game. This will at least take 3-5 months before release.
- You are confident when it comes to Networking and Multiplayer programming. The game will be released on Steam.
- You should know how to build good security for the game to avoid cheating and 3rd party software.
- You are able to spend at least 15 hours a week on the project. If you can spend more, that's great. Currently we are spending 35 hours a week on the art.
- You are 18+ years old (Legal contract reasons)
Big plusses (NOT REQUIRED):
- You have previously released a game before.
- You have a degree in your field.
** Notice that if you don't have a solid portfolio, you will be tested by creating a chess game. We will provide you the board, pieces and textures. You will "only" have to write the code. There is no AI / singleplayer programming.
The payment for the project is revenue share. This will be our first game to release on Steam and therefore we are currently all working for free. When the game is released on Steam, payment will be divided between each member as promised in the contract you will sign before working on the game.
Your revenue share for the project will be 35% and is not negotiable. We predict high income for this game when it is released on Steam. A lot of the money will be saved in Titanforged Entertainment so that we can create a better next-game and afford anything we need. Our goal is to progress such that we can do this full time and pay our members monthly.
Discord is Nafei#9413 or write an email to Nafei@titanforged.net