Web/Other located Melbourne, Australia.
mod.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup backed by a leading gaming venture capital firm, working to bring user-generated content (UGC) to games and their players. The mod.io platform supports over 100,000 daily active users, and we are seeking an Agile Business Analyst to help define and shape a new marketplace for mod.io to offer to the world’s largest games wanting to engage their players with UGC.
The popularity of in-game content is exploding, it’s in more games and on more platforms than ever before. We believe that mods (user-generated content for games), represents a massive opportunity for studios of all sizes. We intend to unlock this potential by providing tools to game developers which makes it easy to implement and run a cross-platform mod marketplace.
So if you enjoy supporting game developers to find, implement and generate great value from a platform that will be used by thousands of concurrent players, to share incredible creations from the community, then mod.io is the place for you.Your Responsibilities
You will gather and document the detailed requirements for a new marketplace product for mod.io:
- Support the Product Lead to shape the high level scope, capability and phasing based on the vision and expectations of key stakeholders: CEO, Head of Tech and Director of Operations
- Balance the needs of our business and it’s success, with the requirements of our gaming partners and the expectations of their creator and playing community
- Facilitate large workshops and one on ones with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, both internal and external, to elicit requirements
- Identify issues, risks and benefits of proposed solutions and outline business impacts
- Analyse commercial and other data to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Present information and jargon so that it is easily understood by the whole team
- Model business processes, identifying third party interactions and potential partners
- Conduct self driven research to determine detailed legal, compliance and financial requirements where SMEs are not available
- Gather, validate and document detailed requirements in an Agile manner
- Write requirements as stories for the development team to deliver
- Lead QA and UAT and conduct hands on testing to confirm solution meets requirements
- Support the Product Lead and other key stakeholders to establish change in the market
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts
You’ll be joining a team co-founded by passionate gamers and engineers, who value building platforms that are loved by studios, game developers, mod creators and players:
- 5+ years experience working as a business analyst in start-ups and/or established businesses
- Extensive experience working with large numbers of stakeholders and SMEs
- Ability to manage in a nuanced, complex environment with multiple players with competing preferences and needs
- Detailed knowledge of financial, legal and compliance requirements for commercial marketplaces at scale - ideally gained working on a marketplace
- Ability to convince, persuade and sell ideas
- Passionate about delivering and making a difference
- Confident in your ability to manage gathering requirements with little oversight from senior team members
- Excitement to dig in and learn, with real attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams to solve business challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Strong understanding of the video game industry value chain - the players, interactions, relationships and transactions
- Confident in your ability to network and negotiate with financial institutions on a global scale
- Experience with Google Mail, Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Strong technical skills
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
- Sit-stand desks, 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs.
- Thursday lunch and Friday afternoon social events.
- Experience new games, digital and tabletop.
- Attend gaming conferences.
- Pet friendly office.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
This is a full time role in Melbourne, Australia. You must be able to work in Australia to apply for this job. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV.
If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please get in touch via email@example.com and attach your CV.