First used by Aground to add cross-platform mod support in-game, the mod.io team has open sourced the SDK Haxe Wrapper created for the project. Available on Github, it simplifies mod.io integration on game engines such as OpenFL, Kha or awe6. It wraps the mod.io SDK available on Gihub. The mod.io's getting started guide is a good place to start if you are completely new to mod.io and it's API.
Add mods to your game with mod.io
Whether your game is built in Unity, C++, Haxe or anything else, you can use the open mod.io API to support mods. The steps to get started are:
- Add your game to our test environment
- Read our API documentation for an overview of how mod.io works
- Use our engine plugins, API or SDK to integrate mod.io into your game and mod making tools
- Need help? Our team is available on Discord to assist
- Ready to launch? Add your game to our production environment then let's discuss promoting your release
- Place the corresponing .dll, .so or .dylib next to your executable. They are located in the Libs/ directory.
- Again, place the corresponding .ndll next to your executable. They are located in the NDLLs/ directory.
- Import the ModioWrapper.hx file it in your Haxe project.
Any questions? Please ask here or on Discord.