• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Linux 32/64bit package throws 'no 32bit lib' error (Groups : Desura : Forum : Application Linux : Linux 32/64bit package throws 'no 32bit lib' error) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 11 2013 Anchor

I am putting together a package for SpeedDreams (racing car simulator) and have structured the package to contain both 32bit and 64bit binaries. The appropriate one is selected at run time depending on system flavour.

When running on 64bit I get a 'desura error' saying 'The item you have tried to launch is 32bit, but it appears you do not have 32bit libs installed." (Sourceforge.net). This can be worked around by installing the GCC 32bit libraries ('sudo apt-get install libc6-i386 '), but really that shouldn't be needed as only the 64bit binaries are run. The start-up script works fine from the command line.

Is there a flag somewhere I can click to turn off this check (for 32bit libs), or some other way to mark the package to note both 32bit and 64bit compatability?

Cheers,
Simon.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.