Knuist & Perzik
Based in Netherlands
September 28 2016
Play as an exiled 'wum' looking for a new home in this bizarre but charming world, filled with strange creatures, puzzles, monsters and political chaos. Wuppo is a two man passion project, with hand-drawn visuals, an extensive soundtrack and a huge world to explore.
Wuppo's development dates back to 2009. Knuist & Perzik have been working on Wuppo while they were in highschool. Through a couple of animations on YouTube (such as "Dragon218", "The Demolixatrox", "Used Appliances"), Lars and Thomas managed to build a loving fanbase that eagerly received Wuppo on September 29th in 2016.
After the wildly enthusiastic reviews on Steam (maintaining a 100% positive score for more than 9 months) and multiple content updates, Wuppo was announced to release on Playstation 4 and Xbox One in September 2017.
On August 27th the Definitive Edition for Wuppo was announced for Nintendo Switch, as well as Steam and GOG.
- Explore a wondrous world filled with Wums, Fnakkers and other strange creatures.
- Resolve an ancient conflict on your quest for a new home.
- Use items and social skills to overcome diverse challenges.
- Fight numerous enemies, ranging from small, to big, to MASSIVE!
- Collect filmstrips to discover the world's detailed history.
- Enjoy an enchanting and memorable orchestrated soundtrack.
Wuppo Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Wuppo Boss Run Trailer YouTube
Wuppo Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist 'Best Game'" BIG 2017
- "Finalist 'Best Narrative'" BIG 2017
- "Finalist 'Best Game Design'"" Dutch Game Awards 2017
- "Finalist 'Grand Prix (Best Game)'" BIC fest 2017
- "Finalist 'Best Art'" BIC fest 2017
- "Finalist 'Best Audio'" BIC fest 2017
- "Finalist 'Best Game Design'" BIC fest 2017
- "Respawn 2017 Official Selection" Respawn
- "Tokyo Game Show 2015 Holland Pavilion Official Selection" Holland Pavilion
- "Wuppo, the most overlooked "hidden gem" on Steam"
- Wes Fenlon, PCgamer
- "It's easy to imagine this game being a fresh new Nintendo IP"
- Super Bunnyhop, Youtube
- "This is a world where other people have feelings and goals. It’s great to see that in a game about a jerk learning to live with others."
- Abby Denton, RockPaperShotgun
- "“...this is something a game hasn’t done to me since Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Morrowind or Fez.”"
- Llewelyn Gareth Griffiths, Brash Games
- "“Wuppo is a game with character; it knows exactly what it wants to be and what it wants to do, and it accomplishes those tasks elegantly and creatively. I can’t ask much more of a game.”"
- Ryan, gamespew
Knuist & Perzik allows for the contents of Wuppo: Definitive Edition to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Wuppo: Definitive Edition is legally & explicitly allowed by Knuist & Perzik. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/wuppo/presskit.
The 7 year development history of Wuppo unseen64.net/2016/11/14/wuppo-pc-beta-development.
About Knuist & Perzik
Knuist & Perzik is an independent Dutch game studio that likes to create imaginative worlds & provide happy memories.
More information on Knuist & Perzik, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Wuppo: Definitive Edition Credits
Founder, Art, Gameplay & Programming
Thomas de Waard
Founder, Music & Sound Design