• Register

A voxel based adventure and RPG. Vox is a highly customizable game where you can create, destroy, edit and build anything you desire. The whole world, every item and object within it, and even the characters and inhabitants of Vox are created using a custom 'Voxel Engine' that allows for an unparalleled level of creativity. Come and explore your imagination!

Forum Thread
0.41 Crash when loading default world with custom character (Games : Vox : Forum : Bugs : 0.41 Crash when loading default world with custom character) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 12 2013 Anchor

Seams like every time I try to load the default Tutorial world with anything but the default character the game will crash. I've tested with a new install, fully custom character and prebuilt. only seams to happen with the default world and custom worlds load fine.
I created a video showing what is happening and made it available here Youtu.be I am launching from desura but it happens with both x64 and x32 exe
I noticed that I am able to load the default world with a custom character after loading it with the default character. Let me know if you want me to do any more testing and I will happily do whatever you need.
Specs:
i5-2500
8GB DDR3
GTX-560
Windows 7 x64

Thank you,
MAG0CA

Nov 12 2013 Anchor

Seems like maybe this might be an issue with the default world. Could you try deleting the world in slot 1 and creating a new one?

If that doesn't work I suggest just avoiding world 1. haha for the time being.

Thanks for the video... is helpful.

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

update: I tried it on my laptop and it loads the first world fine. so It's something that Vox isn't liking about my PC. maybe Nvidia issue? or one of the many other things i have. I will try your suggestion and also do some other testing and see if I can get my laptop to break :P

laptop specs:
i3-370M
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5650

it's able to run Vox at about 20FPS which suprises me :D

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

oh haha go go killer laptop :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.