See it on Steam: Store.steampowered.com
Void Marauders puts you in command of a pirate space ship and its crew. Recruit soldiers, arm them and lead them into tactical turn based battles against alien, robotic and human forces. Board or destroy ships, assault installations and colonies and loot your way across the stars to become the most infamous pirate of the sector.
Loot and pillage enemy ships and installations, sell your well earned booty in space trading stations and improve your ship and equipment. Remember to save something for your soldiers though, pirates and mercenaries will be loyal to you as long as you pay them or you could risk a mutiny or being thrown through an airlock.
Thanks for voting and helping Void Marauders on it's quest to become the 2021 Indie of the Year. You are now in with a chance to score some free games. Help this game secure more votes by embedding the widget (or link) we have included below on your favorite sites.
Don't forget to check out (and vote) for other amazing games in contention. Here are some recommendations:
As promised in my Steam page I'm publishing a new Demo version. This build has many changes to gameplay so I hope you give it a chance and share your feedback. Please check the Files Page to download the latest demo or go to my Steam page.
- "Fog of War" during combat: this feature is meant to force the player to explore and move carefully during combat to reveal enemies instead of just waiting for enemies to get close like it happened in the previous version.
- More polished Star Map: now the Star Map will show 3D elements like ships, planets or space stations instead of static images like in the previous version. This is mostly just a visual change but it's added so it feels more polished and dynamic.
- Basic Soldier Leveling: now the soldier can earn experience points during combat and purchase new skills and stat changes. The current skill trees are limited but I wil add more skills during Early Access.
- Basic Soldier Customization: the soldiers included in the demo can receive minor customization like changing helmets and skins.
- Some actions can cause temporal status effects to their targets (Marked, Poisoned, etc).
- New Raider class action: Throw Daggers.
- New Mercenary class action: Headshot.
- New Void Spawn class action: Covering Fire.
- New Tech Sorcerer class action: Teleport.
- New Generic action: Basic Aimed Shot.
- Now soldiers have random "traits" that can affect their stats and even unlock some extra actions.
- Added Doors that need to be open to see the enemies inside a room.
- Xenobeast Nymphs can spit acid now.
- Enemies now can throw grenades and use a few special actions (like Marking a Target).
- Added minor dialogue during combat.
- Changed "Cargo Ship" mission to be slightly bigger, have random enemies and include bridge with a door.
- Changed "Void Ship" mission to have a different shape and a different objective (Reach Network Node instead of Eliminating all Hostiles). Also I changed the dialogue to be shorter instead of an exposition dump like before.
- Added floating health bars to soldiers and visible enemies.
- Enemies revealed in fog will have to throw for Initiative. Surprised enemies will stay in place, Alert enemies will have a free move.
- More detailed Victory/Defeat Panel shows soldiers that leveled up or died.
- Minor UI improvements.
- More environment props and ambient sounds.
- Changed Color Grading of all scenes.
- Changed Dialogue UI and size of panel.
- Added animated cursor to Star Map.
- Fixes to Post processing Effects and Lighting that was causing performance to drop during combat.
- Fixed buggy micro missiles trajectory (Void Spawn special attack).
- Fixed calculation of flanking and rear attacks (extra critical chance).
- Fix to reloading animation in Void Spawn.
- Fixes to several hit and death animations clashing with IK setup.
- Improved hand/rifle positioning during Loadout.
- Many minor UI, grid, movement and AI fixes.
Please check the demo and leave me some feedback. Depending of how much feedback I get from it I'll determine if it's worth the effort to keep it updated, if not I'll just focus on the game and disable the demo in Steam.
It's been a while since I posted an announcement but as you can see I've been busy adding all these features and fixes. Now to be frank I'm pretty behind in my schedule, I was hoping to have the game ready for Early Access during this month but that won't be possible. I still hope to have the EA launch for this year though so please consider following the project because I'll have more announcements soon.
Steam's Next Fest is coming soon, here I talk about my preparations and the alpha demos I just uploaded for Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
Here I list the major changes I want to make to my current demo (and the game in general) and explain my reasons for it.
The store page for Void Marauders is now live in case you want to take a look, wishlist the game or leave a comment in the forums.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
An early demo from Void Marauders for Linux 64bit systems. A single map to explore and 2 combat scenarios to get a general idea of the game.
An early demo from Void Marauders for Mac (OSX) systems. A single map to explore and 2 combat scenarios to get a general idea of the game.
An early demo from Void Marauders for Windows 64bit systems. A single system to explore and 2 combat scenarios to get a general idea of the game.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.