Violent Sol Worlds has come a long way over the past two weeks. The first and most major addition is the Building interface. You can now actually make new buildings in the game world. We had the most productive two weeks in our development process and we have a lot of stuff in the game to tell you about. Here we go...
- Invited and oriented new people who wanted to help out with the project.
- Our team is growing and we are very thankful for this momentum building.
- Did an official UAT build of the game
- We are actually getting a handle on what it takes to create official builds that we can deploy with installs and everything.
- Updated every UI to use the "new way"
- our GUIs all use the new and improved methods we developed. This increases our speed and capabilities with interfaces
- added the ability to equip things in each of your hands from the inventory screen
- We can now, through the inventory screen, equip things to your hands. You can see here that we have some awesome programmer art for your character and some inventory items.
- updated the gun system so that the projectiles are created by the right thing, the gun
- This is a much needed fix that does not change how things look but opens us up to have each gun throw something different into the world.
- Continued to write on the universe of Violent Sol
- Improved inventory management including dropping of items
- We can Equip and drop items. This starts to allow for inventory management that is much needed for a game with gathering and exploration.
- Gave the ability for all items in the world to contain matter which is the crafting currency of the game
- The player can open up the miner and take stuff from its inventory
- It is the prototype of the chest. So we can have containers in the game now where you could store things like food, and ammo.
- We can construct buildings in game now, yes you can build a home
- Here is an awesome video showing it off.
- We can chop down trees for building materials
- we can destroy walls that were built by the player
- Our players inventory now contains a matter list for what types of matter you have on hand for crafting and building
- We now have an closed Alpha sign-up page that we will be pushing shortly to get people that are interested to join us in testing the game
- We fixed a bunch of problems with our stalkers / bugs you can shoot them again.
- we standardized how the device (Mal-Atomic) is displayed for our GUI screens
- We gave the stalkers/bugs a state object better controlling their state and animations
- We improved the interaction system for better feel
We accomplished about twice as much as we set out to do this sprint. Over the next two weeks we plan on gaining a better understanding about crafting and the matter system. Plus get to actually making guns.
If you are interested in Violent Sol Worlds please follow us here on IndieDB and come on over to Steam to follow the project as we come closer to sending out the URL for signing up for the closed alpha testing. Thanks for all your support.