Based in Italy
Coming Sep 2020
There Was A Dream is a single-player adventure game for PC. Take part in the epic clash between dream and nightmare in a world molded by your decisions.The story follows a character given the power to manipulate dreams by the Entity, a dark force that travels in the dimension of dreams. The Entity seeks to increase its army of nightmares, and the great power it has given you can take you on its dark mission. Now, you get to choose which side you are in. What will it be? Balance or chaos?
Keydare Project consists of people who love video games since their childhood. In 2016, they began to think about making a video game. In 2017 they begin their journey into the gaming world with There Was A Dream.
Story Trailer YouTube
You are the Balance YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "We are only in alpha yet the amount of things already done is huge. From crafting to hunting, from questing to building one’s own home, from just exploring to character customization. In short, a lot of meat on the fire and well cooked, which only needs some work on the performance, so as to make this game even more surprising. But if this is just an alpha, what will await us in the final version?"
- DannyDSC, IlVideogioco
- "The sheer amount of things you can do in There Was A Dream is astounding. It has character customization, house building, crafting, survival mechanics, personalized horse, rescue missions… The list goes on and that isn’t even touching on the gorgeous setting it’s in."
- Julia Couture, Indiegames+
- "There Was A Dream will put you in the magical dream world that you don’t want to get out!"
- BlackFox, GuruGamer
- "Dreams do not stop being a pretty nightmare of the mind"
- David Vigón Rodríguez, Uvejuegos
- "There Was A Dream is a unique passion project turned community simulator. Started over two years ago by a couple, known as Keydare Project, this game is both beautiful and bizarre.."
- Kati Baker, Indie Hive
- "A dream or a nightmare? The adorable There Was a Dream lets you guess […] The adventure game There Was a Dream introduces you to an open world that can be a fairy tale at one point and a horrible horror at the other."
- Šárka Tmějová, Games.cz
About Keydare Project
Developer of There Was a Dream, open-world exploration and survival game set in the dream dimensions.
More information on Keydare Project, our logo & relevant media are available here.