Whew! Hello Creators!
Yet another crazy month has flown by, which means you can expect a generous helping of features that are sure to make your experience even more stable and exciting. We made a promise in the last update that we were going to concentrate more on the overall stability and hold our horses a bit on the new content. Well, we failed! Alongside a slew of bug fixes and optimizations, new content is making an appearance.
A few new systems are sneaking in with this update, which we’ll be tweaking as time goes on. Firstly, the Happiness system will be used in a whole manner of Nugget subsystems. It will add even more personality to your beloved Nuggs.
Also, you now have the option to send Nuggets scurrying to a Bunker during times of trouble. Of course, if you prefer, you can alternatively leave them out in the storm to test the effects of tornadoes on squishy mortals. We’re not going to tell you how to do your job, but knowing the facts will certainly help you make more informed decisions. For instance, it’s important to keep in mind that sending Nuggets to the bunker during earthquakes will simply result in a new mass grave for future archeologists to uncover. Well, if your civilization still has a future.
We hope you all enjoy the update! Check out the detailed patch breakdown below for all of the changes, including improvements to the save/load and research systems:
"Life is like a box of Bloody Diarrhea Fruits."
Nuggets are now susceptible to depression. Players will suffer a penalty for being cruel to the universe’s cutest creatures! Player actions and a Nugget’s surroundings can either make them happy or sad. If their surroundings are too depressing, the only way to bring their Happiness up from a depressed state is to give them some form of entertainment. Players can now build “Local Business” structures, which Nuggets can enter to be entertained.
- Nuggets will have 3 levels of happiness:
- Normal (happy) 100% - 51% Nuggets will look for entertainment when they reach 50%
- Depressed 50% - 26% Stop and weep for 10 seconds when 50% is reached.
- Critically depressed 25% - 1% Stamina drain 30% faster. Every minute, they drop what they are doing and weep for 10 seconds.
- Suicidal (happiness == 0) 0% No longer perform labor/occupations (they no longer weep every minute at this point)
Four New Local Business buildings
Nuggets restore their happiness by visiting these buildings.
- Lizard Candy
- Hair Salon
This is the initial Happiness roll out. We will tweak this system over time. We will have more negative effects from buildings such as the Cemetery, Pyre, Factories, and so on. Nuggets won’t be happy to live or even stroll nearby to these. Additionally (soon to be implemented), Nugget Happiness can drop significantly if you pick Nuggets up and send them hurtling into space or a distant mountain. The family of that Nugget will be confused and deeply saddened for a while. Each dead body will need a proper burial ceremony if their family is to get over it. You can’t just throw their dead bodies around like garbage. There will be consequences!
In the future, there will also be larger Entertainment areas, such as Roller Coasters, Movie Theaters, Malls, and so on.
The Pyre can now be upgraded to the Pre-Medieval Age. This is unlocked with the “Oven...ing” perk.
Bunker. You can now build a Bunker structure for Nuggets to hide in during disasters. With a Forecast Tower, the player can activate the town alarm and alert Nuggets to seek shelter. The Bunker is unlocked with the “Dew Forecasting” perk.
New Evolution Perks
- Slow Burn
- Nuggets have evolved the ability to eat less food!
- Efficient Pipelines
- Water pumps produce significantly more water.
- Divine Stamina
- God-given stamina bonus makes Nuggets able to work longer without resting.
- Fishing Lures
- Nuggets catch fish much faster.
- Round Cogs
- Water pumps produce slightly more water.
- Power Naps
- When Nuggets rest to regain stamina, it takes less time.
- Dam It
- Water pumps produce slightly more water.
- Tactical Evisceration
- Fish gutting takes less time.
- Heauge Mahscles
- Increase Nugget might.
- Unlocks the entertainment buildings for Nugget happiness.
New Creator Power: Now you can pick up and throw trees and stones. Hold the left mouse button on a tree or stone for a few seconds to pick them up.
- Cosmetic Village Props have been implemented.
- Nuggets now walk around construction areas during construction.
- Tree stumps have been implemented, they appear after tree was chopped.
- Tree and stones visual interaction while mining, chopping, harvesting.
- Chopped trees now fall with Real Time Physics.
- New fishing pier design has been implemented.
New Evolution Tower Mechanics Improvements
- Evolution and Traveling Perks will be researched on independent queues.
- Research Panel: Double clicking on a perk will start Research automatically.
- Research Panel: Canceling perk research will now throw a confirmation box.
Load & Save Improvements
- Now you can save multiple times during the game.
- You need to assign Nugget (Archiver) to the Archive building to have an autosave feature enabled. Your game progress can be saved every 15, 30, 60 or custom minutes automatically when building is functioning properly.
- Save file selection from the main menu. Now you can see dates, time and basic civilization information.
- You can delete and rename Save Files.
- The camera position is now saved.
- Nugget accessories are now saved properly.
- Active Wind Storms will now be saved as well.
- Construction resources Cleaning. Now, instead of destroying resources during building placement Nuggets will be tasked to clean area anduse gathered resources for construction.
- You can break resources when you hold them with your Godly Hands by clicking Left + Right mouse buttons simultaneously.
- A bunch of new Nugget Status Messages and thoughts added to the pool, reflecting new features and abilities.
- New disaster Alert Button added to the top Season Bar
- Mayday: Fixed some bugs when a tornado destroys the Forecast Tower.
- Forgetful: Fixed confused/frozen Gravedigger.
- Misinformed: Fixed the incorrect values displaying in the Seasons panel.
- Winter is staying: Fixed an issue where Winters were abnormally long.
- Gruesome: Fixed an issue where ground blood textures appeared over Nuggets.
- Look the other way: Fixed an issue with Nuggets facing the wrong direction while harvesting resources for construction.
- This isn’t Moria: Fixed a bug where buildings could be set to be built inside mountains.
- Stagefright: Fixed a bug where Nuggets got stuck when trying to retrieve resources.
- Fetch the ladder: Fixed resource piles appearing in water or inside buildings in unreachable places.
- Posthumous infliction: Fixed a creepy bug where dead Nuggets could get infected by another dead Nugget.
- Loud noises: Fixed an issue where Nuggets freeze when the alarm is triggered.
- Slow dresser: Fixed Nuggets sometimes freezing in a loop in front of a building while switching clothes.
- Communication error: Fixed Gravedigger status messages.
- Did you hear? Fixed news message spam for tornado and windstorm events.
- Twitchy typist: Fixed the camera movement issue where movement occurred using WASD while typing into the input fields.
- Walk 500 miles: Fixed an issue with Nuggets too far away from construction sites and resources.
- Behind closed doors: Fixed a few issues that could occur while the game is loading.
- Leftovers: Fixed floating props when a Well is demolished.
- Diglett: Fixed a bug where the Gravedigger was not using the Pyre.
- Waterwraith: Fixed the Pre-Medieval Pump ghosting.
- Headcount: Fixed an issue with the correct children count value not displaying.
- Pretending to work: Fixed Nuggets working in an empty place after the construction process is aborted.
- Fishing accident: Fixed an issue with loading a saved game when the Fisherman Hut is built.
- Sniper: Fixed and improved the Nugget selector.
- Declassified: Fixed tutorials with the first Water Pump.
- If I recall correctly: Research will now reflect properly on the main HUD after Save & Load.
- Shhh, it’s a library: Fixed a Creator power issue where powers didn’t work as intended on the Archive building.
- Man fur: Fix for Nugget beards not updating in adulthood.
- Hold up: Fixed the Construction and Creator power panels issue when used while the game was paused.
- I wasn’t finished: Fix for issue when closing the Research panel before Perk animation ends.
- 3D glasses: Fix for live portrait render texture to avoid accessory clipping.
- Upside down: Fix for flipped settings buttons.
- Darkness: Fix for black screen issue on Linux systems.
- Double up: Fix for the glitch where loading music will start twice.
- Controlled demolition: Fixed some issues with the following buildings models during the demolition process: Farm (Pre-Medieval), Pump (Pre-Medieval), Water Reservoir (Pre-Medieval), Water Well (Pre-Medieval), Archive (Stone Age)
- Cinema’s closed: Linux builds will not use background videos anymore, to prevent rendering issues.
- One and done: Fixed an issue that was preventing players from submitting more than one bug during a game session.
- Work strike: Fixed an issue where Nuggets were no longer assigned to Key Buildings after loading a save.
- Premature disclosure: Fixed an issue where news messages were spamming behind the loading screen when the game was loaded from a save file.
- I heard you the first time: Fixed the notification sound repeating during the loading screen when the game was loaded from a save file.
- Not where I left it: Fix for when dead Nugget positions were not properly saved on the planet.
- Simply beneath me: Fixed a situation where Nuggets were getting stuck trying to pick up resources that were partially beneath a construction zone.
BALANCE CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Perk timers have been increased significantly to improve the game’s experience.
- Perk Resource Costs
- Perks no longer cost resources.
- Nugget Reproduction Time
- The rate at which Nuggets mate has been tweaked slightly.
- Nuggets can refill thirst in hospital, huts, bunker and local business.
- Separated Injury from health level
- Removed negative effects from Clothing & Primitive Tools perks.
- Tweaked Refinery resource processing times, should be faster now.
- Tweaked Nuggets priorities. Nugget should reuse resources that are already laying around instead of gathering New ones.
- Nuggets will try to gather food from bushes with more priority.
- Refactored Nuggets hunger, thirst, stamina, depression priorities (Nuggs should be smarter now)
- Refactored how priorities for wood and stone calculated, not it takes resources from construction areas in consideration.
- Increased Nuggets age slightly. In the future life span in a stone age will be shorter (waiting for additional content)
- New building in pre-medieval era: Bunker.
- New building in pre-medieval era: Funeral Pyre.
- 4 new stone age entertainment buildings: Massage Palace, Cowsmetics, Hair Saloon and Lizard Candy.
- Tree stumps stay in the ground after trees are cut.
- Added 36 different village props that will be spawned around Nugget huts.
- New stone age Fishing Pier model.
- All building foliage optimized (culling added, it will not use system resources when zoomed out).
- Trees have new Collider shape (before sometimes they didn’t fall when cut).
- New crying animation for Nuggets.
- New Nugget animation for Archive worker.
- Added positive and negative affect in worker ID card to each stat.
- Water well panel has now bigger capacity.
- Added Alert to bug report window if you are not playing the latest version of the game.
- Visual update construction menu.
- Main Menu save and load option implemented.
- New panel for Archive building.
- Brand new panels for Happiness buildings.
- Evolution tower UI upgrade to hold two different perks research.
- MainUI evolution corner upgrade.
- Visual update god powers menu.
- Updated status icons. Added icon for Nugget going to archive and Nugget depressed.
- Added alert button to Seasons panel to warn nuggets about disaster coming.
- New panel for Bunker building.
- Minor fixes for god powers menu and construction menu visuals.
- New thoughts pools for Dead Nugget, Disaster Alert, Fisherman Idle, Engineer Idle, Engineer Reappearing huts, Nugget drinking, Nugget depressed, Nugget suicidal, Cook idle, Farmer idle, Forecaster idle, Gravedigger idle, Nugget injured, Witchdoctor preparing meds.
- Added descriptions for bunker and pre-medieval Funeral pyre.
- New UI panel for entertainment buildings.
- New icons in construction menu.
- New icons for statuses: depressed, critically depressed and suicidal.
- All buildings descriptions are updated.
- Icons for 10 new research perks.
- New icons in construction menu for bunker and small entertainment buildings (local businesses).
- Improvements onUI, removed some unnecessary per-frame calls.
- Improvements on building stats queries, caching ticked references calls.
- Nugget Improvements: Added distance based animation culling (nuggets will not animate beyond a specified camera distance).
- Nugget Improvements: Nugget batch size lowered to 10 (from 20). This will improve rendering performance sooner, providing some relief every 10 nuggets, which will also reflect on a lighter batching process avoiding hiccups.
- Improved performance when nuggets placing huts
- Settings: V-sync is on by default now.
- Settings: Removed some legacy settings options.
- Settings: Overriding default settings for ATI cards, will have Shader Quality on LOW to avoid know graphics glitch.
- News Messages will be wider now, slightly less than half screen.
- Unlinked universe rotation from year duration, this affects day/night cycles. Now nights will not always match winter.
- Improved Nugget Ai during disaster Alert Trigger., they should move to cover faster now.
- Birds textures decreased from 2Kpix to 256pix what the actual heck artists?!
- Tooltips updates in Nuggets ID Card.
- Day and night cycle is a bit faster now
- Bug report window now only working on latest versions of the game.
- Research Perks are now centered in the Evolution Tower Panel
- Sometimes Nuggets fly above the ground - mystery for us too.
- Snow Cover deserts. We temporarily disabled Temperature Maps on the planet, refactoring entire system.
Quite a bit of work for a small team, isn’t it? Your feedback and encouragement is our biggest motivator. Please continue sharing your thoughts, suggestions, and bug reports. Your kind words always brighten up the team’s day. Thank you all for your love and support!
If you haven’t heard already, we would love for you to join us at our booth at Gamescom 2017 in Cologne Germany! All the Crytivo Superstars are going to be at the booth to personally shake your hand. Expect hugs forcheezyphotos.
You can find us at Hall 10.1, Aisle C Booth 071
Don’t forget to bring a small bag for free goodies, like t-shirts, posters, and more!
Almost the entire team is going to be at Gamescom this month, and as such, our next update is probably going to be a little smaller. We can assure you, though, that we’re going to be doing a lot of brainstorming while sipping glorious German beers.
That’s all for this update, folks. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for live photo updates from our booth!