The previous version had a combination of compatibility issues that I have been trying to fix ever since the last release. As I was unable to fix some of the issues with Direct3D renderer I decided to switch to using OpenGL renderer by default on Windows too. Direct3D renderer is still available as a backup for cases where OpenGL does not work. You can enable it with a '--direct3d' command line argument.
I have made some changes to score calculation to make the score more dependent on skilled gameplay and less on luck. For example I removed vials in supply packs, because those added a totally random component to final level score. The score given based on level completion time was also slightly increased. Although the scores with older versions are not directly comparable anymore I decided not to reset online high-scores.
Here's full list of changes since 1.0.0 beta release:
- Replaced all computer generated announcement sounds with human voices.
- Revert to windowed mode instead of failing if primary monitor can't be detected.
- Reimplemented decal rendering to fix really slow decal updates with some Windows OpenGL drivers.
- Show error pop-up on some rare errors previously leading to silent failure.
- Added '--systemerrors' command line option for enabling more informative Windows error dialogs.
- Removed unnecessary high-score download for level editor previews.
- Hid internal unusable trigger elements from level editor.
- Removed a sentry gun that was too hard to destroy in the 5th single player level.
- Added a sentry gun to the tutorial level.
- Removed a couple of obsolete resource files from installation.
- Supply packs no longer contain vials.
- Slightly increased the score given based on level completion time.
- Lowered the total number of spiders spawning from a nest.
- Added instructions in readme.txt for setting the target time for custom levels.
- Set OpenGL renderer as default on Windows too.
- Properly signed Windows executable to get rid of the "unknown publisher" warnings.
More information and direct downloads are available on the website.