Based in El Salvador
Early Access September 11 2017
The Nightmare from Beyond is a cosmic-horror third person platformer inspired by the works of H. P. Lovecraft. You take on the role of Sanja, a young woman from the D'nyg race, as she explores a mysterious land in search for her sister, Dajana. There, Sanja will decipher what that place is, what is happening there, and why her sister was taken. She will also be in constant danger, for unspeakable horrors are watching her every move.
The Nightmare from Beyond was born after watching the movie "The Descent," where a group of women get lost in a subterranean cave-system and have to face some cannibal monsters. At that point, one of the team members had this vision of a player character holding her breath while he hangs from a ledge, while a monster walks below her, and then we thought it could be interesting to make a game that combined the verticality of platformers and the hiding mechanics found in regular horror games.
Then, when thinking about a plot for the game we paid Lovecraft a visit. Lovecraft has a lot of interesting concepts in his stories, and we figured we could use some of those concepts to make a plot for our game. Two stories helped shape the story of this game: The Dunwich Horror and The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
Our goal is to create an engaging experience, combining cool story and gameplay.
- Face The Nightmare: Uncover an oppressive and gripping tale about corruption and immorality, inspired by different works of the Lovecraft mythos. Make your way through a dangerous land, with unspeakab
- Explore diverse environments: Immerse yourself in haunting labyrinthine areas, from mysterious temples to quaint alien locations, that blend together to deliver an intriguing story.
- Experience varied gameplay: At its core, The Nightmare from Beyond is a 3d platformer. However, the game sometimes changes into a sidescroller perspective, a first person perspective, or a CCTV-fixed-
- Confront environmental challenges: Traverse the environments as you leap over pits, cling onto ledges, climb structures and solve puzzles to advance in your quest. Find different gadgets and combine t
- Capture memories with "Photo Mode": Move the camera anywhere you want and share memorable screenshots with the community. Photo Mode does not pause the game, so you can also use your screen capture ap
Logo & Icon
The Domaginarium does allow the contents of this game to be published through video broadcasting services only with direct written permission from The Nightmare from Beyond. Check at the bottom of this page for contact information.
Official Website facethenightmare.com.
About The Domaginarium
The Domaginarium is an independent game studio, and a sister company of Do Studio, a computer animation and postproduction house. We share a big passion for games, and we aim at pushing the limits of interactive entertainment by “imagining” and “doing,” as our name implies. At The Domaginarium, no idea is considered crazy or bad enough not to be considered. After all, The Domaginarium is a place built on ideas!
More information on The Domaginarium, our logo & relevant media are available here.