• Register

It's a game about hundreds of different characters from different worlds on an "epic" battle.

Forum Thread
Halloween Contest 2013 (Games : The Million Character Game : Forum : Contests : Halloween Contest 2013) Locked
Thread Options
Posho
Posho TMCG Developer
Oct 5 2013 Anchor

RULES:

• Again, this contest's theme is "Halloween". If I don't consider that one of your characters is Halloween-related, it may not be counted as an entry for winning one of the prizes, yet it may be included to the game if all the other criterias are correct. Remember that "Halloween-themed" can be refered as: scary, dark, horrifying, ghost-type, monster, etc.
  • In this contest, you may not submit different versions of the same character. Example: no Mega Man's power ups, Arceus with all of its types or Sonic dressed as Mario.
  • If you wish to normally add a non-Halloween character to the game, go to this thread.
  • In order to submit one or more characters it is necessary that you have a forum account, yeah, it sucks a little but there's no other way. When you post a character fill in the necessary information, as shown in the example below. If you feel like making characters slowly, you can use the "edit" button on top of your post to add more characters. Please, try to keep all your submitted characters in the same post.
  • If you are one of the winners, you'll receive instructions through your forum account to receive your prize. It is necessary, to begin with, that you have a Steam account that is able to make trades in order to receive your prize.
  • The submissions are open until saturday, October 26 at 12:00 AM (U.S. time).
  • Any doubts or questions, do them at my Twitter.

GETTING STARTED

So you want to add a character to The Million Character Game, eh? Well do you have what it takes, huh?!
Before even thinking about posting a new character, be aware of how this is done.

Be sure that you've seen this:
CHARACTER LIST
Be sure that the character you're about to post has not been made by someone else.
(I only update this when I'm around)

GUIDE: MAKING AN EFFECTIVE CHARACTER

Simple details on how to make a new character, describe it and posting it.

You'll have to use the new template:

(It's a 32x16 image)
Make sure that when you're finished with your character you must make both frames the same color and the file must be PNG.

If you are new here I also recommend you to watch how others posted so you get an idea of how this is done.
That's it, I guess. I don't want to drown y'all with all these rules and stuff.
Lets post some characters and have some fun, mates!

EXAMPLE POST

(or just put the URL to the image)
Name: slenderman
Attack: whip
Color: black
Author: Parker
Origin: Tinyurl.com
(if you are submitting multiple characters, put them all in the same post)

Stay tuned as this post will be modifyed, and methods to receive BONUS points.
Last modification: October 6 at 07:23 AM

Edited by: Posho

Oct 6 2013 Anchor

Good to know you still exist on the material plane.

I have neither facebook, tumblr nor twitter, but I shall submit characters because I find making them fun.

Silent Hill stuff.

User Posted Image
Name:
Sepulcher
Attack: Punch
Color: Flesh or Black
Author: Coathanger

User Posted Image
Name: Mary
Attack: Powder
Color: Black

User Posted Image
Name: Nurse
Attack: Sword
Color: Brown

I'll add more later.

Edited by: coathanger

Posho
Posho TMCG Developer
Oct 6 2013 Anchor

coathanger wrote:
I have neither facebook, tumblr nor twitter, but I shall submit characters because I find making them fun.

Forget about these, they are not necessary anymore. I just roughly copied the rules I wrote without any revision. I just updated the post with the new, revised rules.
By the way, don't forget to make both frames of your characters the same color, like the one in the example.

= Entries are closed =
Winners: coathanger
Instructions to receive your prizes were sent to your profiles.

Edited by: Posho

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.