Goodies at long last! Since our Early Access launch, the team has been hard at work trying to improve the game for all of you, and we’re excited to finally drop some new stuff for everybody to try out tomorrow, Monday, December 17th.
Bots, Bots, & More Bots
The big thing we decided to work on was our AI system. First and foremost, this meant adding the choice to play against Intermediate bots.
We also tuned down the beginner bots which were felt slightly too strong as you learn the game. Expect the new intermediate bots to be stronger than the older beginner bots, and the new beginner bots to be weaker than the old beginner bots. There’s a good chance we’ll need to buff the intermediate bots, but let us know how they feel to you.
We also noticed that most bot games felt pretty similar to one another. To make games feel more unique, we added a new and improved system for bots to make more varied decisions each game, and have a subtly different style each game too.
Bugs & Improvements
When using Skybreakers, we were getting pretty used to seeing a lot of this around the map.
You’ll notice we changed the feel of the Skybreaker ability, and thankfully, fixed this so it shouldn’t happen anymore. Let us know if you’re plagued by immortal targeting reticles after the patch.
Also, the times before unlocking the 3rd commander, and before unlocking the second faction were both feeling too long, so we reduced them a good bit.
We can’t dive into detail on all the little changes & fixes we did, but we’ve listed out the bullet points for you below.
Full Patch Notes
Features & Improvements
- Improved behavior for all bots
- Added Intermediate bot difficulty
- Leveling up & unlocking commanders is much quicker now
- Improved variance in bot behavior to make each bot game more unique
- Made Beginner bots slightly easier
- Fixed issue where Skybreaker's targeting reticle would remain on the ground
- Fixed an issue where transform points could become unusable under certain circumstances
- Updated bad name filter to remove overly broad terms
- Fixed bug where players incorrectly were pushed to main menu after a tutorial
- Small fixes to pathing on map Crater
- Fixed visual issues on Main Menu
Don't forget to join us this Wednesday, December 19 at 8:00pm PT / 11:00pm ET for our play with the devs session.
-- Stopthief, 1st Lt. of Letting You Know