About the TDC: The is game base (game engine) for building DLC mods in the Top Down Shooters genre. Fans of making remakes of the classic GTA series will especially like it. The TDC game was developed independently with 0 author Jernej L. (aka Delfi). The game engine is based on the capabilities of GTA 1, 2 games, which inspired the author. The game engine turned out to be compact and dynamically expandable. Convenient utilities that are part of the assembly have been developed to work with it. All the necessary tools are located in the Editors folder. You can share with all your mods on the gtamp.com forum. Enjoy your modmaking!
Top Down City - First public alpha. Revision: build 13 feb 2019 by JernejL. More info in ReadMe_Credits.txt.
- Full physics engine - meaning all map block shapes behave correctly as you would expect, no strange behaviors of being stuck on partial blocks, engine also has and supports trucks with trailers.
- No limit on sprite dimensions: delta sets will be probably scrapped in the future, but for now you can have any texture resolution for map tiles, objects, and vehicles, game looks great in high resolution.
- Graphics: map shadows,sprite shadows, modern particle system.
- Client/server Networking - Not gta tick based sync which limits amout of max players and causes severe lag
- Editors: All editors will be released with the game once it's complete (texture packs, maps, vehicle deltas), if anyone wants to try, i will make a pre-release and can get your hands on some tools, but they are already shown how they work in youtube channel.
- No real limit or penalty on amout of different vehicle, object, particle types that can be added (the only limits are on map size, amout of map tiles and amout
Still in progress:
I hope to have some helps from you guys, i'm welcoming if anyone wishes to join the project - map makers, ideas, story for single player.. i need help to make this happen.
And of course I will need testers, a lot of testing, i hope to make some pre-releases where we could also do a massive online test with more than just a few players.
Link on project main topic: Gtamp.com