Post Mortem Pixels
Based in Brazil
March 27 2023
$11.99 - Steam
宝 Takara Cards is a fusion of deckbuilding and tactical RPG about adventuring through Cosmos and Karma. Pilot medieval ships using Cards and find the Dragons! Each adventure through space offers new challenges and events in this roguelike!
Takara Cards started out as an improvised board game with regular cards. The idea was to test a simpler version of our previous game, NEXT JUMP. To our surprise, the prototype was much more fun than the original game!
So we decided to pause development of other games to focus on Takara, which at the time seemed like a smaller game. It turns out that the game is bigger and its design has gotten more interesting with each step of development.
Early Access is slated to launch on 28 march 2023, after SteamFest on February.
- Play cards in a DEEP tactical turn-based Combat.
- Over 70 cards and 34 unique units (so far).
- Create your character by choosing Cards and Reputation, among other things!
- Your Deck is your Pilot and your Ship: Build it by venturing through the Cosmos and Events.
- Exoteric Karma System that influences your Character and Ship.
- Synergize between dozens of UNIQUE cards to clear the board of enemies in one Turn.
- 80s/90s Anime aesthetics!
Takara Cards - Early Access trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Post Mortem Pixels allows for the contents of Takara Cards to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Takara Cards is legally & explicitly allowed by Post Mortem Pixels. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/takara-cards/presskit/all.
Takara on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/1932210.
About Post Mortem Pixels
Post Mortem Pixels is a Brazilian punk “label” where Dilly, Daniel and sometimes others, makes indie games.
More information on Post Mortem Pixels, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Takara Cards Credits
Producer, Game Designer, Code
Daniel Pinheiro Lima
Artist, Animations, Art Direction, UI Art
Voice acting and Narrator