Based in France
Coming Jun 2021
Silicon City uses old game design and revisit the genre of city simulation. If you've already played to the earliest versions of Sim City©, you will find here tribute to the original game from the 90's. Your city is here based on a classic squared grid, ready for good old urban planning techniques.
Long-time friends, Aurélien and Jérémie have implemented several ideas since their university period. Their desire to create something in common has been there since 2010.
In 2010, they are working on a project for a car traffic simulator to optimize flows in cities. This project will not see the light of day before 2015. Fan of video games and code, they have skimmed the tutorials basic, VB, C++, java, ...
Building on the experience of Rush Hour, which was intended more for marketing to communities and urban planning departments, a shift was made towards video games. "We know how to develop, we love video games, we love to create, we know the gamers' codes. Allied to a favorable context, it became obvious to develop this activity.
The company was founded in September 2020 with a team of four people. Now we are ready to rule the world !
- INDIVIDUALS : Unique citizens with personal tastes and preferences that will determine their dream jobs and behaviours.
- IN-GAME TWITTER : Keep an eye on your citizens' tweets to improve their living conditions and grow your popularity.
- REAL-LIKE TRAFFIC : Thanks to the Rushhour integration, optimize transports and prevent traffic jams
- DATA FOCUSED : Access to layers of important data that link macro and micro-management of the city.
- CHALLENGES : Try to achieve all challenges to improve your popularity and access new buildings.
- MULTIPLAYER : Challenge your friends, unlock bonuses and become the best mayor!
Silicon city trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Polycorne allows for the contents of Silicon City to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Silicon City is legally & explicitly allowed by Polycorne. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/silicon-city/presskit.
A publisher of realistic sim games including Silicon City.
More information on Polycorne, our logo & relevant media are available here.