We are so excited to release our biggest update so far – featuring the long-awaited Sector Six! This brings with it lots of new events to encounter, and a long list of tweaks and improvements throughout the game!
We are so excited to release our biggest update so far – featuring the long-awaited Sector Six! New Content: Alongside Sector 6, you’ll encounter many new events, new merchant fleet types and two new enemy squid ships. The Nuke Runner has been refurbished to feature a second nuke slot, and there are several new perks. Reactors and engines all work without operators now, and we’ve made several updates to hand weapons and overall game balance.
Crew AI: We are rolling out a significant upgrade to crew AI, some of which is part of this update. All the crew officer roles (repair/fire/security offer) will become "sticky" again and won't be cancelled if player gives a direct command to the officer. This will allow you to combine any activity of the crew with any officer role!
Thank you so much for all the positive feedback so far! It has literally been “Very Positive”, with 80% of our players recommending the game! Please keep inviting your friends to try Shortest Trip, and we will keep adding cool features to it! We do have a little bit more news to share with you before 2018 is through – our roadmap detailing our plans between now and the full release – so do check back soon and in the meantime, enjoy the update!
See the full changelog below :-)
- A full new sector: early version of Sector 6 has been made available. More content and quests will be added later
- Several new merchant fleet types
- Several new perks
- Two new enemy squid ships
- Added a video intro to sector 2
- Refurbished Nuke Runner ship (including an added second nuke slot)
- New speech bubble types to crew
- Crew can be sorted by skill in the ‘select all’ crew panel
- Added a counter for drones and pets in perk selection screen
- Added a "can't operate at the moment" cursor which gets displayed when crew is selected and the cursor hovers over an inoperable module
- Weapon and point-defence clickable areas are now larger
- Pets can be given "go to medbay" and "move" commands, but remain generally uncooperative as intended :)
- All reactors work without operators now
- All engines work without operators now
- Crew and crew roles behave more intelligently now (especially when reacting to fires or repairing stuff)
- Manual commands don't cancel crew roles any more.
- Slow-mo mode is made 20% slower
- War animal is now a pet
- Higher chance of crew receiving long range hand weapons instead of short range
- Increased the range of several hand weapons
- Increased the fate point cost of the perks that provide you with an extra crew member
Visuals, UI and miscellaneous improvements
- Minor updates to modules
- Minor updates to hand weapons
- Module and crew info panel buttons now also have texts in addition to icons, making them more intuitive
- Nuke Runner ship has weapon slot numbers now
- Improved the look for all ship weapons when in external view
- Visual enhancements to drones
- Growery modules have now "leaf puff" particle effect incorporated into their animations
- Shop warning texts are now red
- "Can't move ship" now also plays a sound to inform the player
- Fixed multiple crew and module related bugs
- Fixed many typos
- Fixed a bug where materials convertors would sometimes allow infinite resource generation
- Fixed a bug where crew members would keep shooting deceased enemies