Based in Philippines
November 14 2017
Save the World: The (Mis)Adventures of Luis and Joana is a procedural-generated, roguelike, hack and slash, dungeon crawler with a diverse cast, each with distinct ethnic backgrounds and varying sexual orientations as well as an original story that is both heartfelt and humorous. It’s also a fan service for all things geek--seasoned with a gratuitous amount of Filipino pop culture references--but doesn’t miss out on the fun and challenge of a roguelike. In short it’s Binding of Isaac meets a Pinoy Scott Pilgrim
Iggy Javellana, Co-Founder and Creative Director for Muramasa Games, has been a fan of the Roguelike genre ever since he first started playing these games on their Family Computer / NES--Legend of Zelda being the prime example of his love of the genre. Since then he's been involved with gaming in one form or another, and--sometime in early 2006--he had already started drafting what would be the predecessor of Save the World: a virtual world slash chat community for his then company, Yehey!. Though the project would not see completion at the time, the seeds of what could have been were planted and Iggy's dream project took shape.
After several more years working in the game industry, Iggy finally left his job doing Business Development for several game development companies and started his own. The primary goal of his team: to build that dream game he had been wanting to put together for decades.
- Procedural generated, roguelike, hack and slash, dungeon crawler
- Features 9 playable characters, 8 unlockable
- Online / Community features such as Achievements, Leaderboards, Time Trial / Speedruns, and Streaming support
- Hundreds of unlockable items / weapons
- Single player (at launch) and Co-Op and Competitive Modes (TBD)
Save the World: Pre-Alpha Demo Showreel YouTube
Logo & Icon
- ""The concept is quite out there!""
- Carlos Hernandez, Too Much Gaming
- ""Cutesy Indie game that caught our eye...""
- Michelle Santos, Ungeek.ph
- ""That is awesome!""
- Herald Silvestre, Quit Stalling
- ""Don't let a world-ending apocalypse prevent you from speaking to the girl of your dreams!""
- Raffy Leynes, Geekend Gladiators
- ""Want to save the world? Have some Sisig!""
- Louis Daniel Andres, Pacific Network
About Muramasa Games
We are a small indie game developer based in the Philippines
More information on Muramasa Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Save the World:The (Mis)Adventures of Luis & Joana Credits