• Register

Created in homage to Populous, Reprisal lets you take control of a tribe, guiding them, building land and making them grow in number. Using special totem powers you can control nature itself unleashing its full fury on anyone that stands in your way. But be warned, other tribes may not take too kindly to your intentions and will put up a fight! Desktop edition includes: Enhanced full stereo chip tunes to nod along too, Unlock-able challenge islands, Offline local storage and Enhanced full screen display features! It also includes a full standalone PC installer and Mac App version. Includes 'The Making of Reprisal', a 38 page digital book charting the highs and lows of over a years development! ★★ download.reprisaluniverse.com ★★

Forum Thread
Ensign-1 return an error (Games : Reprisal : Forum : Support : Ensign-1 return an error) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 29 2012 Anchor

/Games/desura/common/ensign-1/./desura_launch_Play.sh
Games/desura/common/ensign-1/Ensign: undefined symbol: __GLEW_ARB_shader_objectsh

This is the 64-bit version, freshly reinstalled. And purchased.

Jun 30 2012 Anchor

hi there,

The Linux version runs as an Air app and was sorted with help frim the team at Desura. Does it not run at all? I know that it will need Adobe Air 2.6 to run which i think is Adobes last Air release for Linux.

Please do let me know how you get on,
Many thanks

Jon

Jun 30 2012 Anchor

I do have Adobe Air installed; Cardinal Quest, which requires it also, runs just fine, so it likely is not an Air issue.

Jul 5 2012 Anchor

The problem it looks like is that your video drivers are not able to support a shader that the GLEW library is trying to use. GLEW library is installed by Desura if you do not have it installed on your system already. If you are having problems then I recommend that you make sure your video drivers are all up to date. If you are using open source video drivers then you will probably have to switch to the binary only drivers to get a better level of support for your video card. You could also try and install your distribution's version of the GLEW drivers as well.

Intel is completely supported by the open drivers since Intel released everything open source. I use ATI/AMD and I run the binary only drivers so I have much fewer problems with games. I would recommend the binary only drivers for NVidia as well. The open source drivers are usually good, but when it comes to gaming sometimes the open source drivers just aren't there yet.

Tim Jung
Desura Game Manager

Jul 6 2012 Anchor

Another thing to try is running the game with LANG=C ./Ensign

Also not sure what this is doing in the Reprisal game forums.

Edited by: onionman

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.