Do you have unique skills that you would be willing to contribute? We'd love to have you on our team! Our current recruitment needs are as follows...
- Knowledge of good low poly game model practices (Triangle count, well packed UVs, LODs)
- High and Low poly modeling for baking
- Knowledge of Substance Painter for texturing in non PBR (Specular & Gloss)
- Able to work off of and push art style
- Knowledge of UDK and level creation process
- Ability to optimize levels for better performance
- Good sense of lighting and colour composition
- Create custom 3D assets, particles, and sounds (bonus)
All programmers should be able to work well with a team and be able to think outside the box and be able to make workarounds to get around engine limitations. Our codebase consists of nearly 2000 files, being able to pickup a large project quickly would be a nice bonus.
UI Programmer — Take UIs from PSD mockups to Flash movies then implement functionality in UnrealScript and edit current UI.
- Flash editor experience (or similar application)
- ActionScript 2/3 knowledge (preferred)
Gameplay Programmer — Take gameplay concepts and create working features and elements, tweak existing code and debug.
- General understanding of game development/game engines
- Ability to create optimized and logical code
Backend/API Programmer — Create APIs for the project, maintain and tweak existing API.
- Experience in creating APIs
Please keep in mind that Totem Arts is a group of passionate volunteers. As such, we do not expect a lot of your time to be dedicated to the project, but you should at least be able to keep in touch with the rest of the team and give frequent updates on what you're working on.