The long-awaited Renegade X: Open Beta 4 will be released on March 22nd 2015!
Renegade X is a free First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!
After months of hard work, Totem Arts is ready to put out one of its biggest releases ever: Open Beta 4. After over 5 months of testing and development, we're excited to give you all a renewed revitalized revamped Renegade!
The new version will include:
- 3 new levels: Under, Canyon, and Complex.
- Auto-patcher (!)
- Modding/mapping tools (!!)
- Ingame Jukebox (!!!)
- Smoke Grenades
- Vehicle drops
- Optimization for better performance and crash fixes
- Vehicle kill messages (seeing what destroyed your vehicle)
- Timed C4 countdown (audio and visual indicators)
- EMP grenade changes
- Pawn and vehicle movement adjustments
- New vehicle locking system
- Idle-player kicking system (with warnings)
- Improved spotting system and radio visuals
- New Havoc/Sakura specific explosive arrangements
- New C&C-mode themed loading screen
- Oodles of fixes, balance changes, and more!
You could read about the changelist here: Renegade-x.com
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHz processor
2 GB system RAM
SM3-compatible video card
4 GB free hard drive space
Windows Vista 64 SP2
2.0+ GHz multi-core processor
4 GB system RAM
NVIDIA 200 series or higher graphics card
Plenty of HDD space
We are especially excited to be finally putting out our mod tools. Aspiring game developers will be able to create their own custom Renegade X levels, mutators and mods with access to our content and code. The sky will be the limit! We hope to shake up the C&C community a bit with this. We will be releasing more information on the Renegade X development kit in a video next week.
Spread the good news, people! Renegade lives.
Keep your eyes peeled for the glorious news on Sunday. If you want to help get Renegade X trending, tag some RenX news, Rene-friends, pictures, videos, jokes, and one-liners with #justdoitup