Refunktion is a first-person stealth platformer with exploration and speedrun elements. This is a very challenging game dedicated to the hardcore players and was released for free.
Refunktion is a first-person stealth platformer with exploration and speedrun elements. This is a very challenging game dedicated to the hardcore players...
- First-person platforming: Jump, wall-jump, slide, crouch and climb smoothly through the environment while trying to keep up your momentum.
- Pure stealth: No combat; Your only weapons are your intelligence and mobility.
- Exploration: Open non-linear levels and goals.
- Replayability: Simple yet deep mechanics, speedrun elements and a challenging AI.
=How to Play=
- Collect and refunktion all 8 power cores.
- Power cores are located near orange buildings.
- One power core per level only spawns after you have pressed all 7 buttons (without dying).
- Move mouse: Look around
- W/A/S/D: Move
- SPACE: Jump/Wall-jump/Lift-jump/Slope-jump/Climb
- SHIFT: Crouch/Slide
- Q/E: Lean left/right
- Left mouse button: Pickup/Throw objects
- Right mouse button: Tag AIs
- ESC: Menu
- Climb: Hold jump button while airborne.
- Wall-jump: Jump while airborne and touching a wall behind you.
- Lift-jump: Jump while standing on an ascending lift.
- Slope-jump: Jump while sliding on a non-walkable slope.
- Slide: Crouch while moving with at least normal running speed.
- You gradually get faster while running forward.
- Lean around corners to stay undetected.
- Crouch to move silently; the footstep effect will be scaled up if any AIs heard you.
- Crouch/slide to hide under AIs if they do not see you already.
- Jump/wall-jump over AIs to shake them.
- Throw objects to distract AIs if they do not see you already.
- Tag AIs to see them through solid objects like walls.
- Power cores cannot be collected while you are being seen by AIs.
=PC System Requirements=
OS: Windows Vista or higher
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
Hard Drive: 700 MB HD space
- Added AI detection delay on outer range of vision cone
- Added visual display of AI state
- Added smooth camera landing bob
- Added support for keyboard/controller navigation in the menus
- Added outer dead-zone for movement using a controller
- Added toggleable zoom using a controller
- Added lean hold + strafe input for leaning using a controller
- Improved AI sound attenuation
- Improved resetting settings only for currently selected section
- Fixed sometimes not seeing tagged AI through multiple solid objects
- Fixed incorrectly showing undetected text on level completion if player has already been detected earlier
- Fixed theoretically being able to ghost jump after a normal jump
- Reduce AI alert aware radius to make it easier to slide under them to shake them
- Fix AI listen delay after having heard a noise
- Fix AI sometimes not playing sound on hearing a noise
- Fix AI freezing in rare cases
- Increase visual AI aim acquire speed
- Improve wall-jump by making it easier to wall-jump and preventing wall-jump same angled wall
- Make climbing smoother and faster
- Fix run speed after climbing if uncrouching in mid-air
- Adjust run speed after landing based on mid-air speed
- Implement rebindable controls for keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Rework settings UI
- Display if player has not been detected by AIs
- Show progress bar when entering elevator in hub level as well
- Fix shown time rounding and display hours if necessary
- Implement stealth tagging to see AIs through walls after zooming in on them (right mouse button)
- Fix resetting thrown object velocity on level restart
- Fix incorrectly showing uncrouch animation on level restart if player was crouched on death
- Few performance improvements
- Improve collision model for curved pipes
- Slowdown time on completing hub level the first time around
- Delay and open elevator doors loudly in the hub level the first time around
- Change material of block model
- Add AI aiming effect
- Improve performance of AI shoot effect
- Fix showing AI shoot effect if player is far away from AI
- Fade out player noise effects
- AI detects player noise now synchronized with footstep effect timing
- Change lift speed to linear interpolation to make timing lift-jumps easier
- Fix falling through ground on lift-jump at the same time as lift starts moving up
- Fix resetting carried object on level restart
- Fix dead player falling through ground in rare cases
- Fix excessive silence in audio files
- Add support to resume game by pressing ESC in pause menu or main menu
- Increase power core pickup level load delay to 3 seconds
- Increase max run speed by 20%
- Fix rotation of carried object and reset angular velocity to make throwing easier to predict
- Fix player position on level restart while climbing
- Fix loading screen glitch in rare cases
- Update engine version to fix some technical issues
- Implement instant level restarts
- Make it easier to pick up objects
- Pick-up/throw is now on the left mouse button and pick-up/drop is now on the right mouse button
- No longer reset time on restart and fix reported total time
- Fix AI not detecting the player if player was crouched underneath another AI
- AI search rotation now behaves predictably instead of being totally random
- Increase AI search extent to better keep track of the player in many cases
- Fix AI detection origin position by moving it up slightly
- Reduce AI vision angle in attack state to that of normal state
- Fix collision of dead player underneath the AI
- Tweak level mesh positions slightly to improve AI navigation
- Fix AI getting stuck on edges in certain cases
- Add visual footstep effect to let players know when they are making noise
- Add AI engine effect
- Simplify and improve performance of some effects
- Remake UI
- Add level loading screen
- Bind R key to quick-restart in pause/death menu
- Fix game mouse focus issue
- Add SFX and UI sound volume settings
- Climbing no longer requires to hold forward move button and is slightly smoother
- Fix lean animation getting stuck if both lean buttons were pressed at the same time
- Increase AI shoot sound attenuation radius
- Fix game exe icon and game uninstall icon
- Allow crouching/sliding under AIs
- Fix AI losing player on crouch
- Fix AI moving to last player location if player was airborne at that exact moment
- AI in alert state now also checks if player is in front of it so that it is possible to wall-jump over the AI to shake it
- Fix distracting AIs with thrown objects if line of sight has been broken within the last 250ms
- Reduce AI getting stuck on some stairs by modifying some patrol paths slightly
- Fix thrown objects falling through ground with low fps
- Allow triggering checkpoints and buttons after death
- Fix triggering objects with the wrong component after player death
- Add mouse sensitivity and invert y-axis settings
- Tweak AI shoot effect to make it more visible
Created by: Dominique Grieshofer
3D assets by: Alain Rambeloson, Brent YuanQing Liu
Sounds by: Andrew Keesling
Refunktion uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere.
Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – 2015, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.