What is Rect?
Rect is a fun local multiplayer game, where you are up agginst your friends or the AI, to dominate as much of the map as you can. So gather your friends, grab your controllers (it is completely playable with keyboard, but there is a bit lack of space), and compete in 4 different gamemode, on 4 different maps, and prepare to get (w)Rect!
A player can get points, by dominating the map. As you get more and more points, you get bigger, but slower, coloring more of the map, but making a bigger target. A player can shoot, with the projecile he colors more of the map, and when the projectile hits someone, he shrinks.
4 player with 4 different color, up to 4 player: Controlled with keyboard or with controller. And not player players are competent AI-s.
There are three gamemodes in Rect.
- In normal mode, you try to dominate as much area as you can when the time runs out.
- In team mode, you are with and other player, aginst two other players. Together you try to dominate the map.
- In Area controller mode there is an "Area controller" in the middle, if you go inside it, you get stucked, and only can shoot, but you dominate the area in a growing radius around you. You are there, until someone shoots you out from there.
- In Elimination mode, three times during the match, the player with the lowest score gets eliminated, making the midgame more action packed, and making good longer game.
There are (currently) four maps in Rect: A simple map, with no walls, and two map with walls in the middle, and one with more borders on the side, and less, in the middle.
There are 12 different powerups in Rect, randomly spawning around the map:
- Growing powerup: Makes you instatnly big, making you slower, but more efficient.
- Shringking powerup: Makes you instatnly small, making you faster.
- Big shot: Gives you a big projectile, which doesn't bounces, but makes the hited enemy instantly small.
- Shotgun shot: Gives you three normal projectiles which you shoot simultaniusly.
- Mine: Gives you a trap, which you can place down, and other players trigger it, coloring the surrounding area, and shringking the player.
- Area controller: creates an area controller, which disapeares as soon as you get shooted out.
- Freezing shot: Creates a freezing shot, which cleares the area in it's way, and freezes the hited player for a few seconds.
- Shield: makes you invulnerable for a few seconds.
- Homing: your next shot homes on the nearest enemy player.
- Clone: creates a clone of the player, with the same properties and movement, but when it's shot it disapears.
- Invert: Only available in TUEHMOÜ (see bellow), inverts the conrolls for a few seconds.
- Clear: cleares the whole map
TOTAL ULTIMATE EPIC HARDCORE MODE OF ÜBERNESS:
The TOTAL ULTIMATE EPIC HARCORE MODE OF ÜBERNESS, or TUEHMOÜ for short, is a gamemode of complet chaos. Here the camera shakes as the chaos grows on the map, and if the chaos hits a critical amount, it does a barrelroll. Carefull, might cause headache.
The point of the Game:
The main point is chaos. And fun. If you shout with your friend, because they just beated you with one point, the games is working well. The whole game is based on suspense of the first one and a half minute (in normal time), and the total chaos of the last 30 seconds, where is no winner until the last second. Except in elimination mode, where it's devided to three suspens phses with three ends, where each time one player gets eliminated.
1.4 It contains almost every feature listed here.
1.5 Contains bugfixes, new features (freezing shot, etc), a few tweaks, and new menu elements.
1.6 Contains new maps, new powerups, new mechanics, new gamemode.
Rect: Final version, included LAN multiplayer.
Rect final version (technically 1.7) is released today, December 20th, as promised. It was a hell of a 5 months of development, but looking back to it, I think we can proudly present Rect to you. Less than a half year ago, it was just an idea, and now trough sweat and tear (both from joy and sadness), it's a finished game.
We would like to thank to everyone who helped during this time, all the beta testers, and especially all of you, who already downloaded, or going to download the game. Without you this game couldn't become what it is.
In the final version LAN multiplayer was added to the game. It does not have all the features of the main game, it misses things like Area control mode or powerups, but it is stable, and playable with friends! You just choose someone to host, connect to his IP, and the rest is obvious.
The reason for the missing features is the lack of time. The deadline of the final version was approaching way too fast, to have time for everything. Even the testing was done under one afternoon.
Also in the same time with the Windows version, we got hold of a Computer with OSX, and tested the Mac version of Rect. It contains everything except the LAN, and controller support.
Once again thanks for everyone who helped with the game!
We took a long break, but now be begin the final phase of development.
After a long process of development, Rect 1.6 is finally ready to be tested.
One of the big features in Rect v1.5 was the improved AI. But how improved is it?
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Final version of Rect for MAC. The mac version contains everything from the full version, except LAN multiplayer and Controller support.
Rect final version, with all features, including LAN muliplayer.
After more than a month of development, here is the release of Rect 1.6.
Rect v1.5 final version. After a long time of development, it's finally finished. But it worth it.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.