Privateers is a nautical adventure game that tries to capture the fun of roguelikes, table top games, and action/turn based RPGs into a fun new experience. Sail around from island to island working your way through various events and encounters. Build up your crew and equip them with the unique loot that you plunder. The game is currently in pre-alpha and is changing dramatically between each release. Try the we builds online for free and give us your feedback! Try the latest build right now at PrivateersTheGame.com or read the dev blog at amindiedev.blogspot.com
The changes in this build are pretty dramatic because I decided to take a step back and evaluate how well the game mechanics were working out as objectively as I could. After doing this, there were a couple of design choices that I decided to change.
Hey everyone! The latest build is up for people to try out. The changes in this build are pretty dramatic because I decided to take a step back and evaluate how well the game mechanics were working out as objectively as I could. After doing this, there were a couple of design choices that I decided to change...
There are a bunch of other changes involving how abilities work and a ton of new abilities. They are all directed to make the game more tactical and cerebral.
---- v0.21 ----
- Reworked controls to remove direct control and focus on the tactical element of the game
- Abilities now have a cast time associate with them which can be interrupted
- Enemy humans now use abilities against you based on their class
- Class abilities are now randomly selected from a small set
- New channeling type of abilities
- Items are now procedurally generated with various rarities
- Tons of bug fixes from playtesting
- Added Summon Fishmen Ability
- Added Rock wall Ability
- Added Wild growth Ability
- Added Heal Ability
- Added Channel Heal Ability
- Added Burst Shot Ability
- Added Cripple Ability
- Added Silence Ability
- Added Mass Silence Ability